Stuck inside an NPC - Analog stick and attack gone

tomwaters

Hello Exile Kingdom enthusiasts!

I appear to be stuck inside an NPC. While I was being attacked, the enemy used Whirlwind and nocked me inside my companion. It seems both my analog stick and my attack have been disabled. Interestingly, the bug follows me when loading any of my available autosaves—even those that saved before the bug occurred.

Screenshot attached. Any suggestions would be great.

https://i.imgur.com/s5kaqyX.png

Note: the screenshot is after teleporting to New Garland.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190906-131317.jpg
    Screenshot_20190906-131317.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 702

p4ran0id

Staff member
Lol, that's interesting...

Export your Save to file and send it with a short description to [email protected], that's something that David should take a look at.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Have you tried to dismiss your companion (to force a despawn)? His interaction icon is still visible, so you might be able to engage in conversion with him.

Anyway, very interesting bug. Never heard of such a thing happening before.

tomwaters

I have tried that, unfortunately, to no avail.

Now that I'm thinking about it, however, I don't believe my initial assessment of how the bug occurred can be correct. If my attack had been disabled the moment I entered the NPC, I wouldn't have been able to kill my enemy.

So I guess I don't know what caused it.

MikeB":6m8b4mo6 said:
Have you tried to dismiss your companion (to force a despawn)? His interaction icon is still visible, so you might be able to engage in conversion with him.

Anyway, very interesting bug. Never heard of such a thing happening before.

tomwaters

I've emailed the suggested party above but never received any response. My game is still unplayable.

Any suggestions on moving forward?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, sorry but I missed this thread apparently.

Go to Settings, and check the box called "show dpad and attack with controller present".

Have you connected your device to a controller? That's why the pad is gone. Some bluetooth speakers also work as controllers. Anyways your pad should appear and the game must be normally playable.