Detailed Worldmap

Kilagamor

Hello dear heroes !

I am currently trying to create from the wiki images a detailed world map, like this :

Alas, my skills are very limited, and I only know how to use paint.exe ...
My issue is that I have strange artifacts when trying to fill the borders to white, to get a cut-out transparent section of the map, like this :

Does anyone have any advice on ow to avoid that ? I'm looking to have something like that, to gain a lot of time to produce this map :

Is anyone interested on a detailed world map (with all the spoilers it gets) ?

Anyways, thanks in advance for your help,

I wish you a very nice weekend under the guidance of the Three.

Your servant, Kilagamor

p4ran0id

Staff member
The easiest way is to use Photoshop or gimp, I only know how to use Photoshop, you just use selection by color and click on the black, it will select each pixel with that color, than you just have to deselect areas you don't want to use (I think holding alt+click), then just cut it out (or even better inverse the selection and copy to new layer.

Paint isn't made for this type of editing. Better use gimp (free) or Photoshop (you can use trial version)

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Did you already check the World Maps page?
The map by Lady Diana (although slightly outdated) seems to be quite similar to what you have in mind.

p4ran0id

Staff member
MikeB":1ccq5mo9 said:
Did you already check the World Maps page?
The map by Lady Diana (although slightly outdated) seems to be quite similar to what you have in mind.

Is there a way to get hq map? The given link seems to be broken/unavailable. Maybe someone has a copy and can reup it.

https://nofile.io/f/0nU6JPtz2XF/Map3.jpg

On wiki is only 1,920 × 1,371 pixels available (is it the original resolution?)

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
p4ran0id":1sy71apq said:
Is there a way to get hq map? The given link seems to be broken/unavailable. Maybe someone has a copy and can reup it.
You're right, the link is broken. Fortunately, I downloaded a copy once. Even more fortunately, I found it in my files.

But every image hosting service I tried rejected it because the file is too large (21 MB, 21000 x 15000 px). Can anyone suggest a free image host that accepts such large pictures? The original host seems to be out of service.

p4ran0id

Staff member
MikeB":3clwhnio said:
p4ran0id":3clwhnio said:
You're right, the link is broken. Fortunately, I downloaded a copy once. Even more fortunately, I found it in my files.

But every image hosting service I tried rejected it because the file is too large (21 MB, 21000 x 15000 px). Can anyone suggest a free image host that accepts such large pictures? The original host seems to be out of service.

Could you upload it to gdrive/Dropbox/... And share the link via pm? I will find a way to upload that and will give you a link for wiki