iOS crash on Magistrate

p4ran0id

Staff member
Of course not, but that Tipp helped once another user with same problem. It would be enough to have another apple device, appstore purchase is transferable threw devices, also the savegame.

Of course it would be better if you could find that problem, I can't help with that. But I could help a specific user and just use his savegame to solve that part so he can keep playing. It's not perfect but could help as a workaround

Hodor

Hi,

I have the same problem at Magistrate. Crasching to OS when dialogue is done, just when you get dizzy of the wine and fall asleep. I have tried several times (have a save before entering the house).

I got an iPad 2018 32 GB. My character is a level 4 rogue, if thats any help. Playing at the easiest setting...

I had a similar problem when the letter got stolen (crasch to OS), but got through by taking a diffrent dialogue path with the thief about the camp/needing of sleep. No such luck this time.

Cheers gr8 game otherwise.

Quadrazu

Same issue here. In spots in the past, while loading, it randomly crashes. But with the man in black, it’s consistent. I even tried a previous save just outside the building, went in, crashes again. Tried an earlier save, STILL crashes when trying to load after the man in black conversation.

At this point, kind of stuck progressing with the game...

Details:

Device is iPad Pro, iOS version 12.3.1, 10.5 inch
Tried rebooting the iPad, same behavior
Character is Level 8 Warrior
Not using any cloud service, or logged into game center or anything like that.

Tried the Google cloud service, let’s me log in on the Continue Game screen but then crashes consistently when I try to Save in the Cloud. Sounds like same issues as previous poster.

Willing to provide any other relevant details or try fixes.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
First of all, I apologize for the inconvenience; this worked fine until iOS 12 was released, since then the game has become less stable. This particular crash affects a small number of iOS users, and to date, I have been unable to find the reason.

The only thing I can offer right away is a refund (apple doesn't allow us to process one, so it would be arranged through paypal) or I can give you a key to play on android or PC.

Quadrazu

Thanks for the response... so I can give it up on iOS and move on. (Don’t read any unhappiness in that... the worst answer is maybe or to let people hang on.)

Steam has a sale right now on it, and the two add up to the regular price so I will just buy on PC. Developers who continue to support the community, work on new games or bug fixes, and respond so promptly should be wholeheartedly supported themselves, and I am glad to do it.

Good luck and best wishes on your continued developing of content and new adventures.

Q

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you very much for your understanding and support. I'll still try to fix the issue and get back to you if there's a fix.

Fydoh

Hi. I have the same problem. I’ve tried multiple dialog options, old saves and each time, when the dialog appears to say it’s loading, it exits to the os.

So, here’s all the info I can give. When loading a new area, it crashes about 1 every 10 times. That was okay as I just reloaded and it didn’t crash a second time. This one is a block I cannot get past.

iOS 12.4
iPad 6th Generation
128gb
Model A1893

If it helps, it appears that the dialog shows and it is on load of the next area. It has occurred with and without companions.

If there is more I can provide, I’d be happy to. I am loving this game and would like to get past this point :)

I have attached the very last thing I see before the screen goes black and then I see my os.