Diablo or diablo 2

Pocup

Exiled kingdoms is the absolute bomb. I’ve put more time into it than any game I can remember recently. I think POE probably has it beat for me personally, atleast in hours lol but that’s probably obvious. One question for my fellow arpgers... how in the world has diablo 1 or 2 not been ported to mobile. If they put diablo 2 on the App Store. Blizzard might regain atleast a little respect. All praises to the most high. I love anyone who loves games like exiled kingdoms. EK is a classic now to me.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I think because of Diablo 4. The next one should be a mobile MMO, at least what the news said.

Also it's not easy to port PC games to mobile. Diablo 1 and 2 was built before the mobile generation, it would need a lot of work to make them available on mobile devices, there is not much benefit from that (costs more to port than potential customers will spend)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I think Diablo I would be a mobile mega-hit. The Infinity-Engine classics like BG have been very succesful, and I think they're not well suited to play on a small screen, while D1 would rock.

But they would probably ruin it with microtransactions so let it be that way...

Incidentally, Diablo I can be emulated on android (PS1 version). Probably would need an external controller to be fully enjoyed tho.

Pocup

Yeah I figured maybe it would be tough to port those games to mobile. I have heard that the titan quest port has issues. Baldurs Gate and Planescape play well though. That’s what I’m saying I think D I would be a great mobile game. I’ll check that mod out. Thanks for some great responses!

whitehawk

I actually discovered Exiled Kingdoms while seeing on Google Play store if Diablo 1 had been ported to Android. Exiled Kingdoms is even more in depth story wise than Diablo so I am a happy customer.

Cosvienbalacd

It seems that porting D1 and D2 to Android might harm the quality of the product. Or maybe I'm just judging from my position, as I can't imagine these games, not on PC. I started playing with D2, which I found in a review on https://www.yesgamers.com/diablo-2/runes. And then, I got interested in the game and started playing D1. And I do not imagine these characters on a small screen. Although most likely, it's my egoism that's talking. Now the current generation can't imagine themselves without cell phones, and the mobile versions of Diablo will be more familiar.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
A modern tablet isn't that much smaller of a screen than early days VGA monitors but the resolution is vastly higher. I bought an AD&D game on my mobile, it's too small to play. But if I ever get a good tablet it'll be lovely.

And the Diablo-esque Titan Quest, originally for PC, has ported beautifully to the phone...