What does your forum user name mean?

I still play one occasionally (mostly out of nostalgia--only one I ever really played, and in ~99 it was my first introduction to rpgs, thanks to some awesome nerd cousins who got me into it as a kid) but in the last ~2yrs it's been finally gasping its last breaths after years of slowly dying, and this game is a far better and more enjoyable use of my "lite"/mobile gaming freetime.

Tyler_Durden

Tyler_Durden is an obvious reference to Fight Club, a great book made into a great movie. I figure it’s a fitting name for my fist bashing alter egos in any hack and slash RP/Diablo-esk game. I Also like to use RobertPaulson (fight club reference), and WillWorkForMana for my mage class toons.

Obituarie

Loreseeker
Mine is simple its my personal play on the spelling of Obituary I've also got a character named Semitarie being a play on Cemetery :D

Owns

Loreseeker
deltoru":3dfbnrca said:
I was "assigned" the name Deltoru in another game, admin had recently introduced the necromancer class, and I was trying it out. One of the spells available was create undead minions, from recent NPC kills, and I thought to take a centaur as a minion. Things were fine, til I commanded said minion to weild a weapon, and that is where things went horribly wrong. Mr. Undead centaur took the weapon in his hoof, instead of his hand and would not let go. Admins were somewhat upset when they found this ultimately unfixable, and it be led to a bug in my character as well. This all led to the complete deletion of that character from the game, and being stumped for a new name, was given this name instead. I suppose Deltoru could then be taken to mean "please don't break our game again!"

I found this to be hilarious!

My name is a shortened version of the original name I came up with for competitive games, Ownsya. It's just a cocky name from back when people used the phrase "got owned", so that when I beat/killed someone in a game the last thing they'd read would be Ownsya ... Haha, I'm only like this with competitive games, I have 5 brothers and we competed and zinged each other a lot growing up so go figure. Of course it's kinda awkward when I'm learning a new game and getting destroyed, works better when I'm winning. Although, I don't think anyone ever really got it anyway.

Then When I went back to rpg games I thought that shortening it to just Owns made it sound like a nice strong character name. For many years now, I use Ownsya in any multiplayer competitive games and just Owns for RPGs, sometimes with another made up last name.

Laura

Currently im using my name :cry:
but mostly i name myself "Silvery White" ingame
so yeah...

L Nimbus

Mine is a name i used on another forum years ago when i first joined. ever since, it's been the name associated with me on every forum i've used so far.

Mine is the name of my YouTube channel.
I came up with the name Tribute, because the nature of YouTubers (or at least my own channel) is borrowing, presenting, or paying tribute in some way to the great arts of others. And you all know what Nostalgia means. I have used it long enough for it to stick to me, In feeling and personality.
I also thought of using "Burning the bridges behind myself;" this has meaning to me and is a song by Branikald, To abbreviate BBBM or B.B.B.M was going to be the name of my channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY6sXFUF10 It's the third track on the album.
The other name I go by is Yevvan, this has been my username for the longest time, It's just a play on my real name.

whitehawk

My username "whitehawk" is the Old English translation of my given name- Gavin.
It is a variation on the medieval name Gawain, meaning "god send" or "little white falcon". Also Sir Gawain was a knight of King Arthur's Round Table so it fits in with the RPG flavour :)

Kilagamor

My username comes from a French wordplay, sort of.

Remember times when we had to gather with our computers to do LAN parties ?
(yes, I am this old, thanks a lot)

Well during one of those, my computer had a huge connection issue, which basically paused the game for everyone.
So, a friend asked "Qui c'est qui lag a mort ?" (who is lagging this much ?)
And I answered, covered in shame "C'est moi qui lag a mort :(" (I am lagging this much)
Then, from now on, I was "qui lag a mort = Kilagamor", the one who lags a lot :D