Here I am again with another update (an another character). Meet Ryal Derak, the most succesful member of the honorable mages clan. He reached level 10 already and has a powerful fire elemental to help him during his dangerous quest.
Here are a few more tips I gathered for getting the best gear possible.
- The best things to get at this level are armor and health since those add to the survivability of your character while mana only helps with going on for longer (resummoning elementals and recasting mage armor) which is a secondary concern.
- For your bluesteel dagger it's optimal to buy it at Jabal since the only other place to get it is in the sewers. Those are only open after completing the unknown dungeon, which is an area best avoided until you have a fire golem to protect yourself.
- For body your best gear is the lionskin cuirass, it gives a lot of armor and health and isn't too hard to get if you play it safe. Just lure the minotaurs to the town and attack them in the back while the guard is dealing with them. If you land the final blow you have a chance of getting the horn needed to get this armor.
- For your back you can take the Cloak of Survival if you don't have a problem with letting some Varannari die. Just start the quest, go down to the hunters, don't attack them yet but go back up to get the help of some legionnaires. Let them kill the hunters while you stay in the back.
- As hands you can get the laboratory gloves very easily after just killing a few poisonous spiders. After finally completing the unknown dungeon you can switch over to the essense gloves that are found in Tremadans tower
- As rings you can just some elemental rings you find in the beginning and afterwards get the Oasis ring to buff your endurance and since you need 3 personality to summon a golem you can buy the traders ring to get to 4 personality and get more mana.
- For your feet the Arcane leather boots are slightly better then the Journeyman ones, even if they are pretty expensive.
- The buckler is best as shield since you get a lot of armor from your mage armor and the "shield" property of the buckler makes sure you always use the most of it. If you know you are going to face a specific element a lot you can swap temporary to the appropriate orb. Once you can kill the Goblin king you get the charred buckler to get a bit more health and fire resistance.
- Town hall quests are a great way to get more gold and experience. Certainly if they point towards areas with foes that can drop steel weapons to get the money from that too. Just take your time finding out exactly where your target is so you don't have to spend too long in a dungeon.
The next challenges for me will be to start the shard of fate quest and find a way to defeat the dangerous foes needed for that and complete the last two quests needed to get into icemist. I tested already a bit and with a vulcan dagger, a strong fire elemental and a lot of potions I should be able to clear that one soon enough. I'll keep all of you updated when I reach higher levels with this challenge.
Also this run I managed to do it completely companion free already. I gave Gris her ring but that rejected her for my team so she is still a level 3 in kingsbridge. But I had to leave Adaon behind in his cell in the unknown dungeon this time.