Finally I did that! Killing unweakened Undermother on hard

p4ran0id

Staff member
That was a hell of a fight, but finally I did it!

Next 'quest' is to finish ironman mode... ;)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Congratulations! How long did it take to fight her?

I admit, I never killed her myself, except when I was testing the exploits back when it was possible to have her stuck in the rocks and fixed it.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It took me about 6 tries, but the fight itself wasn't that long, maybe 10 minutes or more, don't know for sure. Most important is that you never get stunned or at least revive your companion before getting stunned, otherwise you're dead for sure. I used over 10 scrolls of restoration (every time gris died, use that before she attacks you) also a lot of mana potions for intervention and 4 'Apple juice' (the one from Golden apples) and a lot of health potions...

Chefbobby203

Congrats, I hadn't really tried fighting her until recently, but really wanted that armor on my rogue.

Was able to solo the fight without a ton of difficulty on my level 20 warrior(no companion, but weakened - hardcore mode), but I'm guessing the paralysis rate is also much higher when she's unweakened?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Her stats are about 50% lower for weakened undermother, that's what wiki says. Not sure about paralyze, but with higher speed it should be also effected.

Does she still has healing 3? I'm not sure but I think she never used it during my fight. But maybe I just overlooked it while running for my life XD

Galo

Congratulations, I did it in my first game (that I ruin with the Evil Ending) with a Rogue at level 17, during the quest of the black shards, I got the best equipment for spirit resistance, use potions of spirit resistance, venom of scorpion, great healing (90 hp) and speed, 5-7 of each, like 10 attempts, if it paralyzed you = death.