Long time no see

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
Hey all. I picked the game back up after a long idle time. Maybe 2 years? I see lots of updates have taken place. New areas, new quests and even a new class. And its been long enough that it feels like a brand new game to me. I don't remember anything. So perfect time to start a new game with the new class. But the problem with that is not remembering anything so im basically a brand new newbie again. Anyone wanting to share tips and tricks to playing a mage effectively? Maybe point me towards a build and leveling order to try out?

Oh and David i read you are working on a new game. Looking forward to it!

Edit: quick question. I seem to remember that companions will level with you even when not actively with you. For example if i get griss and run with her for a while till i pick up the cleric and stick with her for a few levels, if i go pick the fighter back up won't she have gained a couple levels while idle to be closer to my current level?

RPGamer

I'm fairly new to the mage class myself, but most people seem to agree that Mage Armor and Mage Barrier are pretty essential for any mage character/build.

p4ran0id

Staff member
RPGamer":28abyhs5 said:
I'm fairly new to the mage class myself, but most people seem to agree that Mage Armor and Mage Barrier are pretty essential for any mage character/build.

Mage Armor is really useful, specially for traps, it's worth at least one point. Mage barrier is a nice skill but not essential. But it makes it a lot easier to play the mage, the pushback is really helpful.

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
Thanks david. I'm finding the game just as fun this time through aftet the long break as it was the first few times.

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":3dbqohd5 said:
RPGamer":3dbqohd5 said:

Mage Armor is really useful, specially for traps, it's worth at least one point. Mage barrier is a nice skill but not essential. But it makes it a lot easier to play the mage, the pushback is really helpful.

Yep even not remembering much i could tell mage armor and barrier will be 'must haves ' on my mage.

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
Hey guys i got a couple questions in regards to achieving the peaceful ending.

1. If i kill both the flame prophet and the undermother can i still learn about my ancestry from the ghostly figure in the tower?
2. Can i kill valeran for his armor and still win the debate?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Have a look here

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... f_Lothasan

1. Yes you can learn the truth from ghostly figure by passing int 5 or per 6 trait.

2. It is possible, but only if you get everything else. For peaceful ending you need a score of 9-10, valerian gives you a +1, so if you solved everything else and passed every other requirement (including knowing the truth about your ancestors) it should be possible.

Edit: wiki link added