Game is too hard?

Rodney007

Hi,

I find this game very hard? I am playing warrior on "normal" difficulty and find it very hard.

Fun and challenging yes, but boarder line not being bothered to push any more?

I am doing my best to save etc but am struggling to deal any damage and constantly grinding for money to buy healing pots and constantly having to go back and rest.

I have a bunch of quests they expect me to travel far into zones that surpass my characters ability.

I could try casual mode but that would be slightly off putting, I have been playing RPGs many yeara and am not sure if I am doing something wrong? I am only level 5.

Any tips for new players?

p4ran0id

Staff member
If you post your build, we can help you. If you die too fast, you should use 1h+Shield build (you can reskill with higher level). Also do you have a companion? With gris or Hirge it's way easier to survive.

Lvl 5 is way too early to say that the game is hard, maybe you're in the wrong area or you do the wrong quests. Here is a good orientation for the quests

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10905

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I'm on my first game, 100 hours in how level 22.

I found it very difficult to start with.

Game starts to level out a bit.

Always good to check Wiki and Threads for good kit / grinding ideas / quests.

Tal - The ImorTal

Rodney007":20r1ma44 said:
Hi,

I find this game very hard? I am playing warrior on "normal" difficulty and find it very hard.

Fun and challenging yes, but boarder line not being bothered to push any more?

I am doing my best to save etc but am struggling to deal any damage and constantly grinding for money to buy healing pots and constantly having to go back and rest.

I have a bunch of quests they expect me to travel far into zones that surpass my characters ability.

I could try casual mode but that would be slightly off putting, I have been playing RPGs many yeara and am not sure if I am doing something wrong? I am only level 5.

Any tips for new players?

Hey buddy,
For me, the most effective hint was said by p4ran0id, which is trying to get a companion as soon as you can.
That for sure will make your life easier.
At the beggining of the game, Grisenda is easier and quicker to get.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Puh, Aidon is the most difficult companion, he does a lot of damage but dies very fast. It can work, but it's way more complicated than Gris or Hirge.
Also if you got Aidon first, you didn't used the best order, gris is the first one you can get. It works with lvl 2 (just ignore the enemies and rush threw the dungeon to get her Ring)

Good luck with him ;)

Chefbobby203

I would focus on your own gameplay rather than lean on the companion crutch. Think long and hard about how you want to play your character and then min/max your traits/skills accordingly. If you are having trouble in combat, boost your strength, dex, or endurance as those will help you directly. Don't be afraid to kite enemies to maximize your whirlwind cooldown