Overthinking it

KieraofMyros

So I have a question, where in Varannar is your character supposed to be from? Almost every town calls you foreigner and the note shown in the beginning of the game mentions the "woods to the east" and "heading north to the mountains", this along with your perilous crossing through Sagar Forest make your hometown very hard to pinpoint though I speculate it might be near New Anthur, maybe I'm overthinking this but I just like to cover all my bases :)

Xen

Loreseeker
Maybe the PC is from the Wildlands, Wyvern Mountains or Wyverntail Complex, or near Solliga. Being a War Orphan means it can be the Archipelago War between the Pirates of the Corsair Princes and The Varsilian Kingdom, especially New Anthur. BTW New Anthur is the frontier and the oldest costal town of Varsilia, guessing from the time of Tremadan in the old empire it can be that his progenitors settled between the kingdoms of Varsilia and Thuram. Amarisa is from Thuram.

Edit: I can also think that it can also be Port Malan based on the journal of Malan Stargazer which he is really interested to know the condition of Andoria from afar using the telescope. We can say that he is a pioneer of reclaiming the Old Empire Andoria which can lead to the scenarios of the new game, Archaelund(BTW Archaelund is not a sequel of Exiled Kingdoms.)

KieraofMyros

Very good points, I'm glad I'm not the only one to put thought behind this lol, I had considered Port Malan with the "forest to the east" bit but I thought it kinda silly to go the long way up the steel coast instead of turning west to the Imperial Coast to claim the inheritance but I suppose that does work well with the northern mountain part, also Port Malan goes almost forgotten by most of Varsilia so being considered a foreigner could come from the obscurity of such a location

Xen

Loreseeker
I'm just speculating because Port Malan is the only town between New Anthur and Friguld. It can be that the Friguldian NPCs like Laertes travelled from Friguld to Port Malan then to Port Malan going to New Anthur. We know that the Captain of New Anthur doesn't like the Friguldians(or what they usually call, yellow-skinned people) because they're once the enemy of Varsilia in the Archipelago War. Knowing Port Malan can be a neutral town and a remote area along Korne Forest this town might be where the PC originates. It can also be the reason why they called the PC as foreigner because the town is not well-known to Varsilians and the other kingdoms except for its prison.

KieraofMyros

So true, Port Malan makes a lot of sense, I also noticed the letter mentioned people were leaving the town in mass and I seem to recall the description of Port Malan mentioning that people were abandoning the ruined town to escape the Corsairs.
Update: The thought occurred to me that if the PC lived in or around Port Malan he/she could have traveled to New Anthur bay by boat and easily reached the forest path through Sagar in the beginning of the game. :)

KieraofMyros

"The letter is a stock image with blurry text of no consequence to the game, sorry of it got anyone confused."

I posted a translation of the blurred letter I mentioned and David replied with the above response so i guess I really was just over thinking it lol still I think our Port Malan theory checks out for my OC and I think I'll keep it in my characters canon :)

P.S. I'll soon be posting a character bio for my warrior Kiera, I hope she can entertain you as much as she has me since I discovered EK, in short I picture her as the quintessential epic fantasy hero, a nameless adventurer turned legendary hero/Dragonslayer; I am aware that the adventures of my heroine are the same as most everybody here so sorry if it seems too familiar lol