How to recover reputation with the Wizards?

JNantes

I've killed Janod and now I'm considered a criminal by the wizard and Thuram. But I could pay in Thuram and it has risen my reputation. But with the wizards I cant! How to do it?

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
You can't.

You killed an innocent and respected mage from their guild and now you have the pay the consequences for that. Money can't buy you out of everything. The Thuram officials might look the other way when bribed with enough cash but the Wizards guild won't forgive you for this crime. You can't just expect to kill innocent people and to have everyone keep forgiving you after that.

The only thing you can do is to live on with the guilt of killing that man and avoid the members of the wizards guild (or reload an older save file)

EDIT: It seems like I was wrong and there is a way to recover it. However you are still guilty of killing an innocent man.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I was never in that situation, so I can't help much.

An idea I have, maybe you have to solve the 4 quests for the wizards first?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Unfortunately, you cannot complete the four Wizard Tower quests as long as your reputation with the Wizards Guild is low (you are not let into the towers in this case). Yet you need to complete these quests to gain access to Icemist. So David implemented (in theory) the possibilty of giving the Orb of Shadows to the Conjurer so you can restore both, your reputation with Thuram and the Wizards Guild, allowing you to continue the tower quests, and finally be granted access to Icemist.

I just checked the dialogue with the Conjurer and the problem is that in order to reach the part where he tells you to return the Orb, you need to have a low reputation with Thuram. The game doesn't check for your reputation with the Wizards Guild at this point. So the problem here seems to be that you raised your Thuram reputation by paying a fine and now can't trigger the Orb returning option.

This might be an oversight from David and probably be fixed in a future update, but for now your only option seems to be to somehow lower your Thuram reputation to -10 or lower and talk to the Conjurer again (this also requires a PER 3 check).