Spirit/Holy Clarification + Game changing Choices?! [Edited]

RandomTank

Hello all,
I was going through the wiki and some of these forums topics and I still need a bit more clarification on one thing... The little sun symbol on items stand for spirit or holy? Does little Sun symbol on weapons mean more dmg Vs ghosts?

That's really all I'm confused about... also how much undead resistance do you need for skeletons to do no dmg? I have 120+ resistance they still doing like 5dmg.... How much is enough...

Thanks.

Are guilds designed to be class specific? For Example should I join the warriors guild because my toon is a warrior?

Which Guild that people generally pick?

Does choosing a guild affect the main storyline quest?

Is there a such thing as a pve weapon or armor set for this game? For example a weapon and or armor set I could use across the different lands, and dungeons? Or must I constantly change armors/resistances in town?

I read in the guides about the Beggar Quest... If I choose to use a different companion just of preference During the level quest starts, and I happen to run into the Beggar will it mess up the quest or can I add adaon to my party and find the Beggar anytime I like?

Are the tomes the loreseekers are asking me to turn in if I find the same ones you read for extra stat points?

Thanks for the help.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Re: Spirit/holy Clarification

Holy damage does additional damage to undead, it's calculated like that (simplified) :
(NormalDamage - Armor) + (Holy Damage - Holy resistance)

Same goes for resistance, you need 210 to be immune against death damage, but you will still get the normal damage (also that does not count for paralyze and Co)

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... esistances

Spirit resistance works different, there is no 100% resistance for that, see wiki

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker

p4ran0id":2gpcduks said:
(NormalDamage - Armor) + (Holy Damage - Holy Damage)

Well, that's a bit confusingly worded. It would be easier explained like this:

Damage = (Normal damage attacker - Amor defender) + (Spirit damage attacker - Spirit resistance defender)

Also, I would call the sun icon Spirit damage since Holy is a different keyword that is used for some weapons with an effect against undead. Even though spirit damage is mostly found on "holy" weapons in the game.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Most skeletons will deal normal damage, i.e., red numbers, meaning spirit resistance isn't effective, just regular armor. If you enable the battle log in settings you'll see the damage type being dealt to you, conveniently color-coded.

RandomTank

Are guilds designed to be class specific? For Example should I join the warriors guild because my toon is a warrior?

Which Guild that people generally pick?

Does choosing a guild affect the main storyline quest?

Is there a such thing as a pve weapon or armor set for this game? For example a weapon and or armor set I could use across the different lands, and dungeons? Or must I constantly change armors/resistances in town?

I read in the guides about the Beggar Quest... If I choose to use a different companion just of preference During the level quest starts, and I happen to run into the Beggar will it mess up the quest or can I add adaon to my party and find the Beggar anytime I like?

Are the tomes the loreseekers are asking me to turn in if I find the same ones you read for extra stat points?

Thanks for the help.

Dark Mage Ascended

Guilds are a bit designed to he class specific , but that doesnt mean each class can only to a single Guild. As a Warrior, you are not allowed to join the Church or the Wizard's Guild. Warriors can join the Seventh House, but it is not recokmended.
The only class I can think of thats viable outside their specific guild is the Cleric, who can join Warrior's Guild and still be a good build.
And no, the main quest isnt affected by your Guild.

The tomes the loreseekers want are unique items with no use for you. You can see the wiki to find their locations.