Doing Ark's reactor with mage?

Arthurii

Translator
That's my main build, I rolled back to it so I can farm experience on the first floor.

Again, I kill spiders one by one and any amount of wizards thanks to golem being immune to lightning. I spend next to no resources on any kill, so I can gring the first floor indefinitely. But without the iron golem I'm dead in several hits while it takes me about 20 second to take down one robot.
Just gained 1 trait for 4 battery packs to gain 8th intelligence.

I know some boxes on that floor drops Tesla weaponry. It would be helpful if you tell me which ones exactly.

...I wonder how iron golem is not immune to radiation, lore-wise. It's basically living metal of pretty much same nature as steel robots aside from electronics.

UPD: I just went through half of the reactor, got belt and sword. It's doable, if I would get lucky hiding in the corners from the radiation.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It's not possible to tell where the Tesla rod is, that's Random. I think it's easier to find one in reactor deck, has a bit higher chance (at least my experience)

About Iron Golem, it is has no resistance against radiation, but that's normal. It's pure physic, even in nuklear reactors the metal get affected by radiation (fast neutrons 'kick' a proton or neutron and the metal becomes radioactive) ;)

Arthurii

Translator
p4ran0id":k4v6acq5 said:
It's not possible to tell where the Tesla rod is, that's Random. I think it's easier to find one in reactor deck, has a bit higher chance (at least my experience)

I mean, on wiki page it says that there is only two boxes that spawn weapons, yes it is random and not guaranteed, but knowing them would drastically reduce grinding time.

Well, nevermind, I managed to complete my quest in reactor and then on upper deck.
And while I was getting to the stairs up I finally got my Tesla emitter in the box behind the barrier. So it seems that this is made due to balance reasons so that mage wouldn't get that weapon for free in the very first chamber, they first need to get the green card.

And wtf, I've beaten the game on hard with evil ending and all I've got was this lousy achievement and not even the achievement that I've completed the game on hard!
Now I should repeat everything from the very save on dragon beach before sir valeran...

BOSTACH

Dude seriously you upgraded that gate skill you wont need it at all there just bring some scrolls because you need to max the lighting skill

Arthurii

Translator
BOSTACH":t8p4nat6 said:
Dude seriously you upgraded that gate skill you wont need it at all there just bring some scrolls because you need to max the lighting skill

I didn't want to respec another time (even if it was the last place my character goes), and eventually lightning bolt does less dps than my bare staff.
After I got it, the rest of ark was simply a piece of cake.

Now I should do the same with sewer of horrors lol.