[HELP] Can't complete last few quests

wastime

Hello everyone! I have been enjoying this game immensely but I've now hit a wall with my character and can't seem to progress much further without suggestions.

My character is a warrior, lev. 21, with the following stats: STR 5 (+2), END 4 (+1), AGI 5, INT 4 (+1), AWA 4 (+1), PER 4 (+1). I travel with Hirge at lev. 20 (STR 4, END 3, AGI 3, INT 3, AWA 1, PER 3).

The only quests remaining are: Where is Amarisa?, The Ark of Lothasan, and The Sewer of Horrors.

I can't seem to undertake any of those without dying after a short while into the first level of each. I gather that Amarisa and Ark are connected; when I try to clear the Ark's first level I inevitably get killed by the robots there. In the Sewer I may (sometimes) be able to defeat both the beasts and the undeads, but I can never go past the whole first level there either.

It seems kinda clear to me that I have to level up – or not? What is the right way to go about this?

Thanks for the help!

p4ran0id

Staff member
Could you post Screenshot of your items, skills and traits?

Edit: the first problem I see ist the balanced agi and str. It depends on which weapon you use (2h,1h+shield or light), but that balance is not very effective

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
A level 21 warrior is definitely capable of handling the Ark. You need a plan though.

First of all, get high Shock and Spirit protection, using resist potions so you are around 100. Hoard about 30 elixirs of Galade and get all the ashen plate pieces from the Sunken Citadel, and also the Axe of Minotaur Kings.

If you want to go 2-handed: all into STR, as high as you can, preferably up to 7-8 with items. AGI won't be that important, maybe take it to a natural 3. Make sure you max 2-handed expert and, to deal with stun and paralysis, get Combat Rage. A few points in Whirlwind/Charge help to ends fights quickly when you use a big weapon.

If you want a shield plus a light weapon: get your AGI to 6 and learn Flurry. Use an Adamantite Shortsword or some other high tier light weapon; still you need Rage to break paralysis and stun. Heavyhand and Duel are good skills for fast attackers.

If you want to keep your shield and a hand weapon (not light!): you can try to balance your STR and AGI, but AGI opens up Flurry so probably a better option. Learn Infantry Training to deal with stun/paralysis.

The ark seems undoable at first, but it isn't. There's plenty of good drops there in form of healing consummables and some great armor and weapons that will make it easier and easier. You can also rest at certain locations. Just make sure you dodge the explosions...

wastime

DavidBVal":20tf77sc said:
A level 21 warrior is definitely capable of handling the Ark. You need a plan though.

First of all, get high Shock and Spirit protection, using resist potions so you are around 100. Hoard about 30 elixirs of Galade and get all the ashen plate pieces from the Sunken Citadel, and also the Axe of Minotaur Kings.

If you want to go 2-handed: all into STR, as high as you can, preferably up to 7-8 with items. AGI won't be that important, maybe take it to a natural 3. Make sure you max 2-handed expert and, to deal with stun and paralysis, get Combat Rage. A few points in Whirlwind/Charge help to ends fights quickly when you use a big weapon.

If you want a shield plus a light weapon: get your AGI to 6 and learn Flurry. Use an Adamantite Shortsword or some other high tier light weapon; still you need Rage to break paralysis and stun. Heavyhand and Duel are good skills for fast attackers.

If you want to keep your shield and a hand weapon (not light!): you can try to balance your STR and AGI, but AGI opens up Flurry so probably a better option. Learn Infantry Training to deal with stun/paralysis.

The ark seems undoable at first, but it isn't. There's plenty of good drops there in form of healing consummables and some great armor and weapons that will make it easier and easier. You can also rest at certain locations. Just make sure you dodge the explosions...

Thank you so much — I'll try this strategy! (In the 2-handed version)

Let me ask you this though: if I beat the Ark, which I gather is the last part of the main quest, will I be able to go back to the game and finish Horror and venture around?

p4ran0id

Staff member
That depends on how you finish. Good ending, no problem, bad ending, meh, if you can beat the horror, yes, evil ending, no way, you destroyed the world...

But you still can reload the save before entering and finish SoH first ;)