Two small bugs regarding the shady traveller random encounter

chrilleV1

Hi I'm new to this forum and I recently stumbled upon this little bug. Not exactly game breaking of any sorts, it just caught my attention.
And since it's related, I came across another bug with this same exact npc in (believe it or not) the SAME exact place: whenever I went to open the trade screen for what he had to offer, it wouldn't open the trade. It would just do... nothing? It would act as if I had just exited the trade or something. Impossible to get a picture of this I hope you get me.

33ml5zb.png

p4ran0id

Staff member
Is that your Inventar on the right or from the npc?

Merchandiser without an offer is possible, saw it also once.

chrilleV1

p4ran0id":2soqi9zz said:
Is that your Inventar on the right or from the npc?

Merchandiser without an offer is possible, saw it also once.
That's my own items in the Inventar to the right if that's what you mean, yes.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Ah OK, than it's not really something special. Not sure why but I think it's because of the RNG. Met also some merchants without anything to buy, you can still sell your stuff to them.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Since all items of traveling merchants are generated randomly from a fixed list of items, there is a finite possibility of getting zero items in its inventory. That's just bad luck.

The other issue (the Shady Traveller not initiating trade at all), however, is a long standing one which occurs from time to time and which has eluded David's fixing attempts ever since. So I guess we have to live with it.