Just reinstalled the game, won't let me log in to Google Play Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max60Watts

I just reinstalled the game after a year and I can't log into my account, I tried uninstalling the game then installing it again, didn't work, tried uninstalling Google Play Games then installing it again, didn't work.
I tried all I can think of (that won't delete all my games data), can somebody help me?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Other users are reporting the same error... but I am at a loss. I didn't update the game in the last weeks, and all of a sudden it seems to be failing for some users at random. I can't reproduce the problem on my test devices, but I keep investigating. If someone else can report similar issues or even workarounds/solutions, please let me know.

ptornich

DavidBVal":qcinbxez said:
Other users are reporting the same error... but I am at a loss. I didn't update the game in the last weeks, and all of a sudden it seems to be failing for some users at random. I can't reproduce the problem on my test devices, but I keep investigating. If someone else can report similar issues or even workarounds/solutions, please let me know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181105-213819.png
    Screenshot_20181105-213819.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 899

p4ran0id

Staff member
Don't think that this is a problem. The game does not need internet access, cloud backup works with play games so the game itself needs only access to the storage. With my Google devices (moto g5s) the cloud backup works fine and I have the same settings as your Screenshot

Edit: maybe a stupid idea, but have you tried to restart your router?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
At least 7-8 reports in a few days mean something is going on, but it's still not affecting any of my testing devices. I'll keep investigating.

ptornich

DavidBVal":rx1tz5ys said:
At least 7-8 reports in a few days mean something is going on, but it's still not affecting any of my testing devices. I'll keep investigating.

I just opened the game as usual and clicked the left upper corner button (as I have done many times), but this time it asked me for some permissions (I think it was Google Play Games asking), and after that it just worked. I have no idea why.

Note: One difference from the other times I tried to connect is that this time the app didn't try to connect automatically when it started, only after I clicked the button.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Usually I don't play with Google Play Games connected, so I gave it a try and hit the button on the main screen. Google asked me for some permissions which I granted. However, contrary to what ptornich wrote, the connection failed in my case and I got the some error message as in the original post. When I now try to connect, no permissions are asked for, I only get the error message.

I'm sure it worked once on my device (Google Nexus), but it has been some time since I last tried.

EDIT: Cleared both the cache of Google Play Games and EK and all of a sudden it works.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
This morning most of the people reporting the issue contacted me... to report it is working again :p

EDIT: locked, as it seems this issue was on Google's side and they have fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.