Things too look at to make a better game

johnhiggins

Hey I lobe this game is 1 of the best in the store but i world like to Thames a few things to make it more enjoyable.
1 I play on the easiest seeing and still bit 2 hard i can get sick at times to fight some one my level or down to 3 levels lower i can't fight more than 1 without losing almost all my health can you make it so I hate an easytime mulling the creatures or male or so my jewelry goes down slower

2 hints on the 1,l mission the worlds a stage I had no idea what till dip tube only way I figured it out is through this wiki can you add hints for if you get stuck

3 can you make your health fully regenerate over timeand not just to 80

4 canyou make Ann auto save like every 5 minute s I hate forgetting to save and have to go way back becous i die

I love this game but these thing make it less enjoyable and just feel like I'm playing on the easest mode I would have not so much trouble with these things if you could plz fix or at least look at threes is really love it thank you

John Higgins

Lolerescut

I think c) would most like be a maniac who starts every game ge plays at hardest possible before even knowing what the game is

VDX_360

Staff member
In general, Ironman--as an industry concept-- is supposed to be hard and not advisable as a first play through for any game. Thus issues on Ironman are self-imposed.

A game isn't challenging if the Ironman version is a pushover.

Cuckoorex

Alan_SP":3tt2t3kq said:
Cuckoorex":3tt2t3kq said:
Alan_SP":3tt2t3kq said:
b) Someone who actually knows what he's doing, but wants more of challenge.

And then there's c): Someone who reads the Wiki before entering into any new area or taking on a quest.

I think that your c) is covered by my b). If you read wiki, you know what you need to do to achieve something.

Fair enough, but it's kind of vague what you mean by "someone who actually knows what he's doing" in my opinion; I have played MANY RPGs, starting with the Bard's Tale on C64 back in the day, Dragon Wars, Planescape Torment, all the Baldur's Gate games and mods, the whole Fallout Series, Icewind Dale, almost all of the Elder Scrolls Series, Realms of Arkania series, etc., so I think I 'Know what I'm doing" but then there's a different kind of "knowing what I'm doing". If I've gone through the whole game with a companion who can heal me (Hirge) and then I'm faced with enemies with both shock and fire damage potential with NO warning at all about what I'm facing, AND no companion, well, I don't want anyone to hold my hand, per se, but I WOULD like maybe Tremadan's hologram to at least say something that might clue me in to what I might have to prepare for. Same with the Sewers. I realize that by the time you're ready to tackle the sewers you probably should have decent equipment for resistances, but I keep most of the specialized ones in my vaults, until I know I need them. That's why I had to reload a save for my warrior from 2 levels below current to re-spec for the Sewers, because the Elemental Plane of Fire was killing me SO quickly and I had NO idea going in what I needed to have to prepare for it.

A simple dialogue with an NPC would be REALLY nice:
"Beware, if you enter the sewers! Toxic fumes and ice are dangerous there. And fire! Never before have you felt such heat!"
See? A simple dialogue like that would have made the Sewers MUCH more enjoyable, IMO.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Cuckoorex":y2qwretv said:
Fair enough, but it's kind of vague what you mean by "someone who actually knows what he's doing" in my opinion;

Well, I was a bit literal there, i.e. I meant that someone knows what he's doing. The "actually" part was what should made that not vague at all.

Your explanation (having experience playing similar games, but not playing EK) in my opinion goes in category "someone who thinks he knows what's he's doing, but actually he really doesn't know".

Of course, there's always a wish that we can go blindly (i.e. usually first time) anywhere as we where there already and that we know everything what awaits us. But, alas, in life and in some games that is not so.

Lolerescut

Cuckoorex":289z6jzo said:
Alan_SP":289z6jzo said:
Cuckoorex":289z6jzo said:
And then there's c): Someone who reads the Wiki before entering into any new area or taking on a quest.

I think that your c) is covered by my b). If you read wiki, you know what you need to do to achieve something.

A simple dialogue with an NPC would be REALLY nice:
"Beware, if you enter the sewers! Toxic fumes and ice are dangerous there. And fire! Never before have you felt such heat!"
See? A simple dialogue like that would have made the Sewers MUCH more enjoyable, IMO.
There is the dialogue that explains it for sewers of horrors the one ypu take the quest clearly states no one went in and out of the sewers and there is no way to predict what is in there so what more hints you need to prepare for everything which the sewers actually test you in everything
Armor
dmg
hp
tactics
death fire toxic ice spirit resistances which you are already familiar with by then
The only thing you are not tested with electric resistance which you are going to need it in an area or it 2 in the whole exile
*as a gamer in rpg just hearing the words no one enters the sewers and gets out means you need to get everything you can to survive a place like that
oh and you were also warned to make a save game before you enter just in case and if thats not enough as a hint
Your character enters "knowing he isnt going out" and hoping to figure it all out
Hope you dont get this as offensive/agressive but even the invisible swamp donkey knows not to go unprepared