Glitches?

RPGamer

1) I completed the Quest Spicing Things Up and sold the necklace to spice trader Jethro. After that, I completed forgotten lore, but now I can't access the other areas of the great library or do the quests The Lost Coven or Secrets of The Dead. You're supposed to be able to access the other areas of the library after completing Forgotten Lore, but I think that access to the library technically requires 15 reputation with the loreseekers and since I completed Spicing Things Up before doing Forgotten Lore (and sided with the golden hand) I can't access the library....and since there aren't any other quests to raise my reputation with the Royal Loreseekers, I guess I'm stuck.
2) what's going on with XP gain? I don't know why I haven't noticed until now, but sometimes I don't gain much (or any XP from killing enemies) for instance, killing ghosts and wraiths in Deadwood sometimes gives me only 3 XP points (and sometimes 0 XP points) and when I was in Fogas forest killing Corrupted Sabercats, I usually got around 224 XP per sabercat killed, but occasionally it would only give me 23 or 24 XP.

p4ran0id

Staff member
About 1.) every decision has consequences, it's not a bug.

And you can finish the lost coven, the reputation is only important for the merchants inside that. You have to fight your way through or just run.

There are several similar decisions inside the game, if you choose way A, you won't get B, like robbing the bank or help the government. If you help the government you won't be able to get a ruby key from the bank

Edit: ups mixed up the lost coven and lost in a book :oops:

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
RPGamer":1vjoytyt said:
1) I completed the Quest Spicing Things Up and sold the necklace to spice trader Jethro. After that, I completed forgotten lore, but now I can't access the other areas of the great library or do the quests The Lost Coven or Secrets of The Dead. You're supposed to be able to access the other areas of the library after completing Forgotten Lore, but I think that access to the library technically requires 15 reputation with the loreseekers and since I completed Spicing Things Up before doing Forgotten Lore (and sided with the golden hand) I can't access the library....and since there aren't any other quests to raise my reputation with the Royal Loreseekers, I guess I'm stuck.
One of my lower-level characters has +13 rep with the loreseekers and can access the whole library. I believe the requirement is +10 rep and having completed forgotten lore.
If you gave all four books to the Golden Hand, dropping your reputation to +9, you'll need to complete The Mathrisian Codex. This will bump your rep to +14, letting you access the library and complete The Lost Coven.

RPGamer":1vjoytyt said:
2) sometimes I don't gain much (or any XP from killing enemies)
Spawned enemies give 1/10th the xp. This makes places like the Deadwood and Mercian Royal Crypt dangerous without making them overpowered grinding spots for clerics.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Ok, let's try to sort this out.

1) The quest Spicing Things Up has no influence on your reputation with the Loreseekers, irrespective of the quest path you choose. The closed grates inside the Great Library are supposed to open once Forgotten Lore is completed, but you may need to rest at an inn before this takes effect. The reputation of +15 you mentioned is only necessary if you want to learn skills from Gebadi. There's no reputation check for Secrets of the Dead or The Lost Coven whatsoever.

2) There are certain areas where enemies respawn at a constant rate. The Ghosts and Wraiths in Deadwood are one example. You will only get the full XP when killing them the first time after entering the map, while each repawned enemy will only yield a minimal amount of XP. This is intentional to prevent too easy XP farming.
However, the Corrupted Sabercats in Fögas Forest do not belong to this kind of enemy. I'm not sure what's going on there.

RPGamer

MikeB":2yurzirj said:
Ok, let's try to sort this out.

1) The quest Spicing Things Up has no influence on your reputation with the Loreseekers, irrespective of the quest path you choose. The closed grates inside the Great Library are supposed to open once Forgotten Lore is completed, but you may need to rest at an inn before this takes effect. The reputation of +15 you mentioned is only necessary if you want to learn skills from Gebadi. There's no reputation check for Secrets of the Dead or The Lost Coven whatsoever.

2) There are certain areas where enemies respawn at a constant rate. The Ghosts and Wraiths in Deadwood are one example. You will only get the full XP when killing them the first time after entering the map, while each repawned enemy will only yield a minimal amount of XP. This is intentional to prevent too easy XP farming.
However, the Corrupted Sabercats in Fögas Forest do not belong to this kind of enemy. I'm not sure what's going on there.

In previous play throughs, the grates in The Great Library opened as soon as I talked to Anton Gerdt and completed Forgotten Lore, but for some reason, in my new play through they didn't...I even tried going back later and they still weren't open.

As for respawning enemies giving lower XP, I'm sure that's mostly the issue, but sometimes even killing enemies that haven't respawned (yet) seems to yield extremely low amounts of XP, and sometimes none

RPGamer

Zalvarez0627":5nwr6z0d said:
RPGamer":5nwr6z0d said:
One of my lower-level characters has +13 rep with the loreseekers and can access the whole library. I believe the requirement is +10 rep and having completed forgotten lore.
If you gave all four books to the Golden Hand, dropping your reputation to +9, you'll need to complete The Mathrisian Codex. This will bump your rep to +14, letting you access the library and complete The Lost Coven.

RPGamer":5nwr6z0d said:
2) sometimes I don't gain much (or any XP from killing enemies)
Spawned enemies give 1/10th the xp. This makes places like the Deadwood and Mercian Royal Crypt dangerous without making them overpowered grinding spots for clerics.

I don't know why you're mentioning the books...I can't do the quest Secrets of The Dead, because the NPC (I think his name is Gebadi) who starts it is behind one if the grates in The Great Library, and since they won't open for me I can't start that quest

RPGamer

p4ran0id":32qq56ya said:
About 1.) every decision has consequences, it's not a bug.

And you can finish the lost coven, the reputation is only important for the merchants inside that. You have to fight your way through or just run.

There are several similar decisions inside the game, if you choose way A, you won't get B, like robbing the bank or help the government. If you help the government you won't be able to get a ruby key from the bank

No, I can't do The Lost Coven...I'll reiterate what I stated earlier: The quests Secrets of The Dead and The Lost Coven can only be started by NPCs behind the grates, and since the grates won't open, there's no way to do those two quests

And I'm fairly sure it is a bug...I think I did the same thing with one of my other characters: I did Spicing Things Up siding with the Golden Hand, then completed Forgotten Lore... The difference is that it worked fine with my other character and I was allowed access to the rest of the library, but with my new character the grates just refuse to open for some reason

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
What does your journal say about Forgotten Lore? Is it marked as completed, or maybe got stuck somewhere?

If it is completed and the grates are still closed after sleeping at an inn, then this may indeed be a bug. But let's first rule out all other possibilities.

p4ran0id

Staff member
RPGamer":bv252cj9 said:
p4ran0id":bv252cj9 said:

No, I can't do The Lost Coven...

Of course you're right, like I said, I mixed up that quest with lost in a book. Sry for the confusion

RPGamer

MikeB":2ksf56j4 said:
What does your journal say about Forgotten Lore? Is it marked as completed, or maybe got stuck somewhere?

If it is completed and the grates are still closed after sleeping at an inn, then this may indeed be a bug. But let's first rule out all other possibilities.

Forgotten Lore is marked as completed in my journal, and I stated earlier, I even returned later to see if the grates we're open.....they weren't, but I guess I'll check again when that character is near New Garand