Writing a story on RoyalRoad that's a semi parody of Exiled Kingdoms.

L Nimbus

Might as well drop this on the forums.
For a week or two now, i've been writing The Minotaur Paladin on RRL.
It's story that takes place on modern day earth after it gets a game world System. the MC is a Minotaur [Cleric] summoned from EK to be a boss monster.
While the story doesn't take place in EK, it draws some lore, monsters, and skills from it.

To my surprise, the story has actually been well recieved by RRL standards, rocketing from #12000 to to around #1600 in the best rated rankings in under 2 weeks.
I made sure to include that it was a parody in the description, and actually encourage people to get EK if they like the story.

If you're interested in reading it, check it out here.

https://www.royalroadl.com/fiction/18943/the-minotaur-paladin

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Nice.

Only thing I noticed, you mention it is free to play on PC, but on PC you can only purchase full game, demo isn't available (might be a problem for someone).

Grim Rapper

Yo, that's pretty neat to have an "alteration" plot of EK story, keep

Dope

yo I need some of yer patreon page tho ;)

L Nimbus

Grim Rapper":3f37u89p said:
Yo, that's pretty neat to have an "alteration" plot of EK story, keep

Dope

yo I need some of yer patreon page tho ;)

Late reply, been busy.
Anyway, Thanks, i'm trying my best to make a sotry that borrows some lore from EK, while making it part of a larger universe.
Not getting any Patreon cuz there won't be a Patreon. I stated that i won't charge my readers a single cent. Other than that........It just broke the top 1000 on the Best rated list. Now i'm hyped as shit.