Any chance of better iPad formatting?

emmbee

Just got a newer iPad (regular 9.7" size not mini or pro). It was a real drag to see the stretched out 4:3 formatting. It's like the old days when some iphone apps were just pixel doubled to fit on the ipad. I've long played EK one my phone and was really hoping to see more game real estate on an ipad sized screen. I'd buy it again if it gets optimized. I think a lot of other people would too.
Seems like later model ipads certainly have the horsepower to show more game. Thanks for your consideration.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
emmbee":26ets8wp said:
Seems like later model ipads certainly have the horsepower to show more game. Thanks for your consideration.
Not sure what is problem and how to solve it (and I'm not in iOS world at all), but generally speaking, you see what you see.

My phone and my tablet (10" 2560 x 1600) shows exactly same game area.

More you see only in PC version (one plus for playing on PC, there are others also), but you need to learn where the "mobile border" (i.e. what mobile devices see) is.

emmbee

It would be nice to at least have the game scale correctly. The game scales (Looks correctly proportioned) at 16:9 or close to it. 16:9 is a widescreen rectangle. Most phones are widescreen. iPads (and many android tablets) are not 16:9. They are more a "squarish" shape and proportioned at 4:3. EK looks stretched out vertically on many tablets. At the very least it should have black bars on the top and bottom so the graphics look right. Preferably, tablets would show more of the game, like in Windows. I know time is money as far as changing things for tablets, but I'd like to think it would pay off.

p4ran0id

Staff member
As far as I remember, it's way harder than you think!

For Android and ios you have to use the API, and that's the point.

Last time I got a similar problem, that was not that easy to solve! Don't know if Google or Apple solved that now, but my experience was horrible, I had to find my own solution, and that was linear algebra 2.0 once again...