Hirge is OP

123Klutz

I am grateful, this is the best mobile RPG I ever played. I know EK is finished....just assume that there is a possibility...

30HP potion = 100 gold
90HP potion = 500+ gold

Hirge can heal tons of HP FOR FREE
more over, Deepfrost cognac + Hirge = 135HP = less than 50gold
omelette + Hirge = ....

this is really imba, it makes Griss and Adaon pointless in most part of the game (except playing Cleric)

this could be solved by allowing players to use 2 companions, (and adjust the difficulty accordingly) I am not a programer, I don't know how hard it could be, is there a chance?

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
Yeah, Hirge is superior in healing since that is kinda her thing since she's a cleric. But that doesn't mean the other companions are obsolete. Adaon can deal a lot more damage and Griss can be a great tank for something like an non-summoner mage or ranged rogue. Certainly with the new skills gained from the character quests they all have their strengths.

On another note, adding another character wouldn't be too hard from a coding perspective, but would be really difficult from a balancing one. Two companions would make every encounter and dungeon a lot easier so every monster would need to be scaled up in strength. This would take a lot of time and effort for a feature that really isn't worth it. Certainly since EK is finished and there aren't going to happen big changes to it anymore.

Lolerescut

Hirge heals are life saving as long as she doesnt get hit but thats only because you need them using adeon as a companion the fights are way to short compared to hirge as a companion and griss does a great deal of tanking and a better dmg then hirge you are probably using warrior which only makes sense hirge is op for you but if u use a cleric hirge is just a waste of companion slot since intervension heals 8 hp per mana point and has no cooldown and is much nore frequent then hirge heal meaning your not gonna die that easy

Note hirge heals you decently but takes a lot of mana to do so if you considered hp per point the heal gives a 125 hp per 28 mana i think as intervension gives 160 hp woth only 20 mana which is a lot more then heal

123Klutz

Hirge is not good for Cleric, I've mentioned it too

but for other classes, you have to heal yourself and adaon/griss, the HP potions are very expensive, especially in early game playing.

Lolerescut

Idk in my first try on the game i actually used around 30 hp pots of 30 hp to win the whole game it only depends on ur build whether u need hp pots or not btw the pots were used in sewers and ark basically
Edit:On easy modw tho since i was new to the game however i tried all mode none seem to need pots to win except mostly cleric and mage"depending on build"

Lolerescut

And you can farm pots all the time if you like dungeon crawling for hp pots
Beginner lvls go to lanager mine
Then at lvl 7 or 8 go to uzrgand lair
On lvl 12 to 15 castle blue rock
Onl lvl 16 to 18 hill goants for apples "they also drop op equipment and lots of gold and diamonds and dmg pots"
In fact if you plan your game carefull you wouldnt need a companion in the first place they are only here to make the game easier for us

123Klutz

all my other chars are on hard mode, (My first char was played on normal and deleted later). I have no idea how to play without recovery, and using Hirge yields more gold in the same game play time compared to adaon/griss, which could be used for learning advanced skills...etc that make the game much easier.

notice that " you think it's op, then don't use it" , this is not an answer for my question

VDX_360

Staff member
123Klutz":2bf9jxjg said:
... is there a chance?
Pretty solid no. Of course, things could always change, but not only is the developer done with the game (maybe forever, maybe for a few years), but having TWO companions would quite seriously destroy the balance of the game.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hirge is a pretty solid Companion, and with her advanced skills, she's a pretty good fighter. But to says she's "over powered" might be a stretch.

Keep in mind that all companions are immortal so outside of a boss fight where they can't just pop back up, Hirge's self-healing only stops her from healing the companion way. The player only gets here overflow healing which isn't as reliable as one might hope.

Yes, Hirge can heal with mana. But the more trait points you allot to her mana (PERS and INT) the less trait points you have to allot to her fighting abilities. Having her depend on Might for extra damage makes her burn through mana faster and causes issues against Fire enemies.

Griss, by comparison, becomes a beast against both strong enemies like bosses and against mobs. She might not be able to heal, but she sure takes a beating while giving some decent damage output.

Adaon, while I dislike the little twerp, does develop into a notable high DPS.

Argarath

The OP for Hirge comes in the form of Deepfrost Cognac. For a non-Cleric player, her ability to convert 50 gold to 125 health makes her extremely desirable for dungeon crawling. Other potions though stackable are much more expensive. I know the Cognac is not stackable, but with the Bag of Holding, you can buy many and when you start to go through them, you have spots available for looting purpose. My Cleric do not need to rest anymore since she acquired Bag of Holding, she can clear dungeons, then teleport back to buy more Cognac, rinse and repeat.
This is hard to overcome. I believe most classes except Cleric will benefit from Hirge, and will choose her if they already are a high DPS build which most players tend to build their heroes. The only way around this? Maybe introduce a non-stackable healing item option for Companion, possibly salve and with required Bandage skill chosen so they can buy the salve for 50 gold that could heal 125 health? This can only be done outside combat so will not totally eliminate the need to use healing pots. Another limit is once over 50% health you cannot use salve, just like how Hirge uses her healing