My Take on the Companion Update of Grissenda and Adaon [BIG SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Rapper

(Don't worry, my initial post doesn't have any detailed spoiler at all. However, do cautious in scrolling down this thread because it has so many spoiler bombs, so proceed with your own discretion)

Finally, it's here! After waiting for (not) so long, David (praised be your development) finally give us the rest of the companion backstory for us to enjoy. And here's my two cents of the update (Note: I don't know if it's just me or not, but you need to go for Adaon's quest first, then you can get Grissenda's quest)

1. Adaon Story
I'd never thought that Adaon has a different side of him the entire time, even though the community has been shit-talking him from the beginning of the beta (I'm looking at you VDX ;) ) but after this quest, I'm pretty confident that the community's opinion of him will instantly change (in the good way too). Still, this quest is pretty fun to finish (You might get excited, depending on what you'll do in the end part of the quest) and the item rewards that you get is quite generous, despite its easiness to finish halfway through (You might need some poisonous weaponry after that, just saying)

>REWARDS
a. Items & Weaponry
Finally, David recognizes the least Class in the game :D , I'm almost worried that you'll not give them some weapon choice but yet David deliver justice! (There's also a stone, yeah I don't know what's the reaso-OH MY GOD, THE PRICE WHAT IN THE WORLD?)

b. Skillset
HOLY SHIT, I don't usually tell something that's overpowered. But HOOOOOOLY BALLS this is so good, Adaon's Buff finally useful as an actual Rogue Class after getting abandoned for years and called "Cleric's Helper" by the others, but today is a good day for Adaon.

2. Grissenda Story
I knew it, Everybody knew it, Grissenda isn't really good at hiding her bloodline. And yet, I'm really surprised the story is changed upside down to a point of a nostalgia for me because the story is so familiar and hits home for me (I even thought of meeting Vlad Tepes at some point :cool: ). Not only that, but the rewards that await you are pretty Grissenda-esque and suitable for her. Despite that, I've got pretty irritated halfway the quest due to the certain enemy is "blocking" the objective and the way of stealth is pretty hard due to the mobs placement are everywhere @.@ (I think you need some "shining" weapon, but I ended up never tried it lol). Still, the aftermath is pretty heart-warming and I can't wait to see the continuation of Grissenda's Story Arc (if David pleases, that is)

>REWARDS
a. Items and Weaponry
You got the Sonnet version for Warrior and slightly buffed version of Maul of Corrosion, which is pretty good (but not really impacted that much, considering I can't equip it and Warrior already have a LOT of arsenals, but to be really honest. I'm not complaining :p)

b. Skillset
The assumptions of "Grissenda's only way to deal heavy damage is to have 2-handed weaponry" will be vanished after this, since Grissenda has some skill to balance an equally defensive and offensive trait at the same times. Pretty good

Pretty ground-breaking update, I might say. this might change the meta of companion priority a little bit and I can't wait to see some Adaon build :D

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Grim Rapper":22d9u5rv said:
But if you renamed it like that, it seems that I'm just a mega troll that just doesn't care about everybody's enjoyment by making a huge thread about the latest update content (which is not my intention when writing it)
Please, don't take things so personally, I mean, this spoiler thread title change.

We have policy that everything in forum that contains spoilers needs to be labeled as such, either within posts with spoiler BBcode, or, in this case, within thread title, as it had label spoiler free in the beginning (and technically speaking, changing thread title is done by changing title of first post of thread, this is how phpBB works, nothing else).

This isn't done "to you" so to say, it is just forum policy and would be applied to anyone's posts or threads.

I understand that you envisioned this thread differently, but this is how thread developed. No one accuses you for that, even if I think word accuses isn't appropriate, but at the moment I'm lacking other word.

Also, please, don't make this thread in who's good or bad moderator discussion. You can use as many colors as you like, if you ask me, if I can read it, I will read it. If not, I'll force my self to read it, just to check if there's maybe some forum rule broken, or not.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed, the idea of a spoiler-free thread was great actually, original post is great, but at the end of the day if someone clicks on something labeled as spoiler-free and that explains all the lore about Tol, vampires in the game, etc, something is amiss :p

Xen

Loreseeker
BTW I like the sprite for the Vampire's armor :) hope the player can use armors with other colors too like Ashen with black, Blessed with sky blue or navy blue, and Myrosian/Thuramiam/Jeweled with violet/purple. Maybe for chainmails too. :)

Grim Rapper

Alan_SP":3529lm3i said:
Also, please, don't make this thread in who's good or bad moderator discussion. You can use as many colors as you like, if you ask me, if I can read it, I will read it. If not, I'll force my self to read it, just to check if there's maybe some forum rule broken, or not.

???
I didn't really care about p4ran0id's opinion in the first place, neither comparing him to moderator discussion because of it. The reason that I bring the "Moderator"-esque argument is because the unknown reason on my post get moved from General Forum to Feedback since I didn't suggest anything nor give my alternative idea on the update

Serhiy

After this update i think Hirge my new favorite companion. Duel, Heavy Hand, Heal and use ur character as tank its OP.

RougeRogue

I always played with Hirge for the extra heals, but yeah, now shes an absolute beast. :cool:

i'd love if the enemies in sewer of horrors had scaling levels so it would always be a challenge to your character as you grow stronger.

VDX_360

Staff member
Grim Rapper":2c9zju59 said:
I'd never thought that Adaon has a different side of him the entire time, even though the community has been shit-talking him from the beginning of the beta (I'm looking at you VDX)
Adaon robs you in your sleep. His back story does not alter my trust issues with him. NEVER FORGET!!!.

VDX_360

Staff member
Serghiy":153y9rg3 said:
After this update i think Hirge my new favorite companion.
A healing based Hirge with Duel is quite a beast. Her only way to use mana is to heal, avoids the awkward Might issues. To be fair, Hirge with Duel and Might active is pretty high DPS..... too bad she always uses Might on Level 1 goblins.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
VDX_360":2e25w6uu said:
too bad she always uses Might on Level 1 goblins.

I don't mind her using Might on goblins, it doesn't cost that much mana or time. Using Might on fire elementals and demons however is a bigger annoyance of mine.

VDX_360":2e25w6uu said:
His back story does not alter my trust issues with him.

For me his backstory didn't give me any sympathy for him either. However, what did gave me a lot of respect for Adaon was the way he stood up against his uncle at the end of that quest. It really shows how much he has grown as a character.

VDX_360

Staff member
Yes... healing enemies is a bit worse than overkill on goblins.

Status
Not open for further replies.