Sargos in Arena a bit overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
I just tried to beat Sargos the Madman in the Freetown Arena as a level 23 cleric, and I failed miserably--I didn't even get him to half health. I survived by loading my last autosave, tried again, and got him down to 35%, where Fury doubled his damage output and made me reload again. I defeated the Parasite with this character easily, so I feel like Sargos shouldn't be quite as hard. Getting rid of his resilience, decreasing fury to level 2, or giving the player a better weapon would help balance the fight a bit; with my steel hammer, I did 3 damage (.5%) per hit.

If the goal is an endgame challenge for players, a warning would be nice; I beat the previous fight--2 trolls--at level 17. Clerics and mages seem especially underpowered for this fight, and even one or two lesser potions of mana would help a bunch. Thanks!

VDX_360

Staff member
Xen":2q89xijm said:
...you should consider getting some Potions of Tragic Hero or Potions of Giant Strength.
Outside potions ARE NOT allowed in the arena so not the best advice for this particular issue. Passing an INT check can open the door to bribe the guard to get a few potions, but those are pre-selected.

Mages with range attacks can kite around Sargos and beat him without taking damage. Clerics have to go toe-to-toe with him.

Clerics have it easier in other parts of the game so the arena is their challenge point.

p4ran0id

Staff member
You can get potions in the arena, you have to pay for it but it is possible ;)

The arena "leader" is corrupt, just pay him and you'll get some potions

Xen

Loreseeker
I missed that one, sorry and thank you for reminding me. I'm also a Cleric user at the moment but I'm planning to make an archer Rogue, I wish David will consider giving a cold bow and death bow to the Rogue.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I only found a silver bow with holy, that one is really awesome

Molon

I've found Sargos easy to kill. Now try to kill King of Korne, man, this boss is a beast!

Lolerescut

Try different tactics you will get it eventually
Idk why your having trouble with sargos but i usually kill him on first try and is a peace of cake in all my playthroughs and none of my playthroguhs are higher than lvl 21 "i usaully beat him at lvl 17 or 18"
More or less depending on character
As for your cleric i cant remember my build against sargos but he isnt immune to sacred fire it gives 12 fire dmg i think
Skill set recommended
Healing wounds intervension sacred fire and the passive skills
Traits depending on weapon but try to have a fair amount of end and agi like 4 in both strength helps use and 6 personality and 4 int should get you all the mana you need until you die and use intervension it all about your hits
I woukd recomend to take 2 handed and 1 handed weapons with a shield
Fight hin with a 2 handed weapon since you still have hp and mana to be tanky enough against him i dobt remember but i thing sargos has duel if he does simply break the streak since the dmg will only be worse
After you die the first tine use yoyr sheild to be more enduring against him also dobt forget to run so you dont die before you heal

VDX_360

Staff member
Responding to a July post in late September is pushing the necro limit. This thread has also gotten off-topic a bit (topics do tend to drift). So locking it for organizational purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.