Sacred Weapons Quest...gate wont open

Gohan32

I have Hirge as my companion, enter the Sanctuary of Irossia, and I have started the Sacred Weapons quest already, but the gate/iron bars still do not open for me to talk with the NPC for the next stage of the quest.

Is it because the first time I ever visited there, Grissenda was my companion? Also, when in a place very holy to The Three, Hirge should have something to say about the place when asked if she knows anything about it.

What can I do to resolve this? (Playing on Android, a Galaxy S7)

Mr. Orange

I think that you never started the ancient seal quest because with the quest active, the gate will open.
And in order to complete the quest, go to sanctuary peak and past irossia, you can find lots of hill Giants and on a uniquely named hill giant you can find the sacred weapon. If you give it to the varanari you can get hunters leggings. I recommend of keeping the weapon though.

VDX_360

Staff member
Gohan32":3s7usb0d said:
the Sacred Weapons..

The quest "The Ancient Seal" is what grants access to the Forbidden pit.

The Sacred Weapons quest is DIFFERENT from The Ancient Seal quest. Yes, you can get one of the sacred weapons from completing The Ancient Seal, but the quests don't seem to share any triggers. You can get the other sacred weapon from a world map, making it possible to complete the Sacred Weapons without even starting The Ancient Seal.

Gohan32

Ah, you are all correct. I do not have The Ancient Seal started. I have done what is required to start it according the the wiki:
Your first time visiting Sanctuary of Irossia, a room to the West will be gated. Once you are level 13, and visit Fögas, Freetown, Icemist, New Garand, Nivarian, or Tower of Tremadan with Hirge as a companion, she will start a dialogue and tell you to go there.

I have been to most of those cities well over lvl 13 with. Hirge for a companion with no effect whatsoever.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Gohan32":y9r0r7m2 said:
Ah, you are all correct. I do not have The Ancient Seal started. I have done what is required to start it according the the wiki:
Your first time visiting Sanctuary of Irossia, a room to the West will be gated. Once you are level 13, and visit Fögas, Freetown, Icemist, New Garand, Nivarian, or Tower of Tremadan with Hirge as a companion, she will start a dialogue and tell you to go there.

I have been to most of those cities well over lvl 13 with. Hirge for a companion with no effect whatsoever.
Did you visit one of the mentioned locations with Hirge as a companion AFTER the update? Then the quest dialogue with Hirge should definitely trigger if you hit the right spot. Just walk around a little near the respective town entrances.

If you visited those places prior to the update, then you have to visit one of them again.

Gohan32

I got an email back from David. I have not completed the Three vs Eleven quest which is a prerequisite as well. I plan to update the wiki for that too.

My rogue has 0 personality and only 2 INT so I can not complete the 3v11 until I up one of those by 1.

VDX_360

Staff member
Gohan32":bo1tjpg8 said:
IMy rogue has 0 personality and only 2 INT so I can not complete the 3v11 until I up one of those by 1.
Passing a PERS 1 trait will allow completing the quest. Plenty of gear gives a +1 to PERS.

Keep in mind that trait points from GEAR count towards QUEST trait checks.
(Trait points from gear DO NOT count for trait requirements for skills.)

UnKonstantin

I have not completed the Three vs Eleven quest which is a prerequisite as well. I plan to update the wiki for that too.
Luckily I found this post, cause I was wondering why Hirge won't talk to me in Irossia. I haven't finished 3vs11 as well.
Wiki for the Ancient Seal ought to be updated, true.