Sargos in Arena a bit overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
I just tried to beat Sargos the Madman in the Freetown Arena as a level 23 cleric, and I failed miserably--I didn't even get him to half health. I survived by loading my last autosave, tried again, and got him down to 35%, where Fury doubled his damage output and made me reload again. I defeated the Parasite with this character easily, so I feel like Sargos shouldn't be quite as hard. Getting rid of his resilience, decreasing fury to level 2, or giving the player a better weapon would help balance the fight a bit; with my steel hammer, I did 3 damage (.5%) per hit.

If the goal is an endgame challenge for players, a warning would be nice; I beat the previous fight--2 trolls--at level 17. Clerics and mages seem especially underpowered for this fight, and even one or two lesser potions of mana would help a bunch. Thanks!

VDX_360

Staff member
What's your build?

Clerics, as a class, seem to have a tougher time with Sargos. A bit of a trade off because Clerics, as a class, have an easier time with the rest of the game (clerics hold all the low level records and the speed records).

Some Cleric builds do okay against him, but well rounded Clerics or Clerics based around a party, have an uphill batter.

VDX_360

Staff member
Zalvarez0627":1j4r9tbf said:
... with my steel hammer, I did 3 damage (.5%) per hit.
Cleric skills that might help: Arbenos' Might, Battle Prayer.

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Finally i am back..... that password recovery is killing haha...

About sargos.... he was easy peasy... but i was hoping for a load from him haha..

Lets kick some bugs here...

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
Not really using a build; I have Battle Prayer 3, which did nothing for my damage, Arbenos' might 1, which added 2 fire damage and helped a bunch; flames of faith 3 which cost too much, and sacred fire 3 which cost too much. I don't have the skill points to invest in Arbenos' might 3, and even if I did, it would cost twice as much mana.

I can see clerics being weaker in solo battles, but it's fully impossible for me to beat Sargos with this build after beating the parasite. I don't really see other skills that would help much--Cleric is pretty weak on damage.

VDX_360

Staff member
Do you have a healing skill? Using Might to gain damage and healing skill to recover HP might make for a longer, but doable fight.

Xen

Loreseeker
BTW Clerics have Holy Shield which not just increase the Death resistance but also improves AC :)

Edit: Since Cleric is weak in terms of dps or even raw damage, you should consider getting some Potions of Tragic Hero or Potions of Giant Strength.

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
Totally forgot about guardian wolf, that would make the fight a lot easier.

Heal wounds isn't doing much for me--it's 10% of my mana, and Sargos can deal 125 damage in just a few hits.

Holy shield is a good idea. I had it at level one and it wasn't worth the mana, but at a higher level it would probably help.

I tried and failed three more times today, and on the last try, I got distracted, missed the pause button, and died. Oops.

ultima_spock

Translator
i tried sargos with a mage at level 23 and found it very easy. contrarily there are other bosses that are nearly impossible in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.