Companion battle option, attack only my target

kwill

Loreseeker
Using ranged weapons on a companion doesn't work well with the current options. I suggest an option:. "Attack only when I attack" or "Attack my target only" that would pass on the player's current target to the companion.

Attack all enemies: companion too often draws too much aggro, suffers the melee range miss handicap, and quickly dies.

Attack only who attacks you:. Same problem.

Attack only enemies very close: companion often will not participate in battles at all.

Owns

Loreseeker
This would be a great option and solves multiple issues at the same time.

Xen

Loreseeker
It won't solve it unless the aggro to companion can be prevented by using either a summon or simply removing aggro from fast ranged weapons

kwill

Loreseeker
Xen":1nlx3jf5 said:
It won't solve it unless the aggro to companion can be prevented by using either a summon or simply removing aggro from fast ranged weapons
I appreciate your feedback, thank you!

It won't keep enemies off of the companion 100% of the time, but that's not the point. It would be unbalancing if it did. The current options prevent meaningful companion participation in battles with ranged weapons.

In the battles I have had where Adaon actually participated without starting the fight, I was able to hold the monster's attention with my warrior most of the time, so I think this could work.

Xen

Loreseeker
I get your point :) the deal is when there is two or more enemies around right? You want an option to make your companion focus on the same target as yours to eliminate enemies faster and mitigate the risk of aggro going to your companion.

Xen

Loreseeker
If there is no narrow corridors or doors in the area, what I usually do is walk in the frontline and summon wolf (Archer type Adaon can be a good tandem with any of the Cleric variant) and then pretend it is his summon rather than my PC's, that way it looks like Adaon is some kind of a hunter with a wolf assistant and mind you it really help me take the aggro away from him because two attacks (from the PC and wolf) can draw attention whenever the enemy tries to get close to the back. In case it change target the wolf will suffer instead of the other companion and as a Cleric you have mana to summon a Golem for worst case scenarios.