My Take on the Companion Update of Grissenda and Adaon [BIG SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Rapper

(Don't worry, my initial post doesn't have any detailed spoiler at all. However, do cautious in scrolling down this thread because it has so many spoiler bombs, so proceed with your own discretion)

Finally, it's here! After waiting for (not) so long, David (praised be your development) finally give us the rest of the companion backstory for us to enjoy. And here's my two cents of the update (Note: I don't know if it's just me or not, but you need to go for Adaon's quest first, then you can get Grissenda's quest)

1. Adaon Story
I'd never thought that Adaon has a different side of him the entire time, even though the community has been shit-talking him from the beginning of the beta (I'm looking at you VDX ;) ) but after this quest, I'm pretty confident that the community's opinion of him will instantly change (in the good way too). Still, this quest is pretty fun to finish (You might get excited, depending on what you'll do in the end part of the quest) and the item rewards that you get is quite generous, despite its easiness to finish halfway through (You might need some poisonous weaponry after that, just saying)

>REWARDS
a. Items & Weaponry
Finally, David recognizes the least Class in the game :D , I'm almost worried that you'll not give them some weapon choice but yet David deliver justice! (There's also a stone, yeah I don't know what's the reaso-OH MY GOD, THE PRICE WHAT IN THE WORLD?)

b. Skillset
HOLY SHIT, I don't usually tell something that's overpowered. But HOOOOOOLY BALLS this is so good, Adaon's Buff finally useful as an actual Rogue Class after getting abandoned for years and called "Cleric's Helper" by the others, but today is a good day for Adaon.

2. Grissenda Story
I knew it, Everybody knew it, Grissenda isn't really good at hiding her bloodline. And yet, I'm really surprised the story is changed upside down to a point of a nostalgia for me because the story is so familiar and hits home for me (I even thought of meeting Vlad Tepes at some point :cool: ). Not only that, but the rewards that await you are pretty Grissenda-esque and suitable for her. Despite that, I've got pretty irritated halfway the quest due to the certain enemy is "blocking" the objective and the way of stealth is pretty hard due to the mobs placement are everywhere @.@ (I think you need some "shining" weapon, but I ended up never tried it lol). Still, the aftermath is pretty heart-warming and I can't wait to see the continuation of Grissenda's Story Arc (if David pleases, that is)

>REWARDS
a. Items and Weaponry
You got the Sonnet version for Warrior and slightly buffed version of Maul of Corrosion, which is pretty good (but not really impacted that much, considering I can't equip it and Warrior already have a LOT of arsenals, but to be really honest. I'm not complaining :p)

b. Skillset
The assumptions of "Grissenda's only way to deal heavy damage is to have 2-handed weaponry" will be vanished after this, since Grissenda has some skill to balance an equally defensive and offensive trait at the same times. Pretty good

Pretty ground-breaking update, I might say. this might change the meta of companion priority a little bit and I can't wait to see some Adaon build :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: My Take on the Companion Update of Grissenda and Adaon [SPOILER FREE]

Um... time to remove the [SPOILER FREE] tag and change it with a [MEGASPOILERS] one instead, I think :D

Grim Rapper

I'm just posting some old screenshot, don't know what you're talking about :^)
I didn't elaborate on it too, so people can interpret it as wildly as they can (unless the player who already knew it, for sure)

(Or am I poke at your next update plan, Mr. David? :^))) )

p4ran0id

Staff member

Grim Rapper":2qvmqc1j said:
I'm just posting some old screenshot, don't know what you're talking about :^)
I didn't elaborate on it too, so people can interpret it as wildly as they can (unless the player who already knew it, for sure)

(Or am I poke at your next update plan, Mr. David? :^))) )

Just have a look at the whole topic, with that much spoiler tags and spoilers it isn't really spoiler free! That has nothing to do with the update, a spoiler is a spoiler ;)

Ps: it's not only because of your screenshot :lol:

Xen

Loreseeker

Talking about the game plot is clearly kind of spoiler, it is not bad to talk about it freely but the post should have a warning indication that it is a spoiler thingy. Reason for it is to respect others that doesn't want to know something until they discover some of it themselves.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yeah you right, I changed the topic to big spoiler since we get a lot of spoilers here

Grim Rapper

p4ran0id":2eef4d2c said:
Just have a look at the whole topic, with that much spoiler tags and spoilers it isn't really spoiler free! That has nothing to do with the update, a spoiler is a spoiler ;)

Ps: it's not only because of your screenshot :lol:

But I'm not posting any spoiler tags, yet my post title is the one who got changed. Instead of reminding the people who post the spoiler tag by editing their post, yet their post isn't edited

that's some logic there, but again...

"I don't want to argue with a moderator" #2

p4ran0id

Staff member
The topic escalated a bit. So there are two options, remove the spoilers or just change the title.

It's not your fault, this discussion got just way too far to be spoiler free. So I adjusted the topic subject. ;)

Like David said, it's full of megaspoilers now... :lol:

Grim Rapper

p4ran0id":2bykkrgr said:
The topic escalated a bit. So there are two options, remove the spoilers or just change the title.

It's not your fault, this discussion got just way too far to be spoiler free. So I adjusted the topic subject. ;)

Like David said, it's full of megaspoilers now... :lol:
But if you renamed it like that, it seems that I'm just a mega troll that just doesn't care about everybody's enjoyment by making a huge thread about the latest update content (which is not my intention when writing it)

Secondly, you're the first one who spoils the update content right in page 1 without any spoiler tag, leading everyone to also giving the latest update content because "the mod already leaked it in the first place" (although they're still quite responsible by putting a spoiler tag)

Also, spoiler tag is meant to hide the post content for the sake of other people if they didn't want to know about it. So I don't think that post who have that many spoiler tags are categorized as "Big Spoiler" (unless some certain mod already leaked some of it and ruin the fun zzz)

I'm just saying dude, you're not really good at moderating. Just sayin'
EDIT: I'm also put a comment warning on my initial first post for anyone that want to avoid the actual spoiler(that a moderator can put it themselves, but it seems that their brain is too big to handle that kind of thinking zzz)

Xen

Loreseeker
I think he doesn't want to let the post be something like killing the fun or making you look like a mega troll to others. Even if it is just a reactionary type of post it can also make some slight spoiler and then others might spoil it a little more that can cause major spoilers because it is still discussing about the story/lore even if it is just giving clues about companions. On the otherhand, David let other possible spoilers (something like equipments) because it doesn't affect the game that much and is unrelated to the plot. One of the aspects we love about this game is its lore so as much as possible, most people doesn't want to read a spoiler. Indicating a spoiler type of post may prevent them from reading not because they doesn't like your post but because some people that replies to it put a spoiler in it hence there is an indicator to it to keep them away from accidentally reading what they don't want to know yet.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Relax!

Like I said it has nothing to do with you.

The subject tells what the topic is about, it doesn't really matter what you started, it represent the actual status and has nothing to do with you.

Also, like said before, a spoiler is a spoiler. Everything about content is a spoiler.
Just imagine you're a fresh player, everything about the story what you do not know till then is a spoiler.

Once again, it has not much to do with your initial post, every topic get sometimes it own 'live' and adjusting the subject is just something we have to do

Ps: just think about it, is this still spoiler free like you wanted?

You brought yourself a big spoiler

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16298&start=10#p51072

If someone didn't do that quest it's a spoiler for him and it doesn't matter if you talking about the newest update!

Edit: mentioning the telescope isn't really a spoiler, it's like saying there is a dungeon. You only understand that after getting there

Status
Not open for further replies.