Stun nullifies Paralysis and previous stun

i1465789

There was a post about Stun nullifies Paralysis, and David stated they should be stack together.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14990

I uploaded a video which you can see it does not stack together.

https://vimeo.com/274548824

Game version is the latest release: v.1.1.1092
On Android
Video is not speed up.

It also happens to stuns following previous stuns.
The problem is that each stun duration is not the same.
e.g.
I've striked a 4 seconds stun. Within less than 1 second, another stun triggered, and the log said it's 1 second. Then the mob starts moving after this 1 second.

If it's other way around, 1 second stun followed by 4 seconds stun, of course it may seem normal, and there's no need to change for this case.

I think it's more logical that the stun/paralysis duration should have the longest ones remain as it should be.

BTW, Video hosting websites: vidme is not available anymore.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well, hard decision...
Logical would be, that paralyze will add the Malus (5s+1s=6s),but for the player it would be too much
Other options:
1.paralyze_1 can overwrite paralyze_2 effect

2.(I think thats the problem)
Effect one overwrite effect 2. If you remove that, that will be a real problem...
(like Battle Rage, that overwrite the stun)

Not sure how the engine works, but I think it's way deeper than just the paralyze Effekt

i1465789

p4ran0id":2uvqn7n5 said:
Well, hard decision...
Logical would be, that paralyze will add the Malus (5s+1s=6s),but for the player it would be too much
Other options:
1.paralyze_1 can overwrite paralyze_2 effect

2.(I think thats the problem)
Effect one overwrite effect 2. If you remove that, that will be a real problem...
(like Battle Rage, that overwrite the stun)

Not sure how the engine works, but I think it's way deeper than just the paralyze Effekt

Logically should not add up.
You can have stun and paralysis happen synchronously.

e.g. You get (local) anesthetized for surgery, and in the middle of the surgery, you got shocked by a stun gun but still being conscious. You are anesthetized and stunned, and you'll be able to move after anesthetic kicks out.

There will not be a case when the anesthetics kick out, the stun/paralysis takes effect afterward, unless being shocked very close to the ending of the anesthetics. :lol:

Whatever has a longer duration should last longer if they happen synchronously.

Could be hard to think of a way for coding though.

p4ran0id

Staff member
i1465789":1eqa1aph said:
e.g. You get (local) anesthetized for surgery, and in the middle of the surgery, you got shocked by a stun gun but still being conscious...

Ahm, im not a doctor, but I don't think that works that way.

If you are anesthetized (depends on how deep), and get shocked, you're adrenalin highs up and you can overcome several effects! Your body will be full of adrenalin noradrenaline, Dopamin and Co, You'll be in a rush and become for a few minutes like hulk... ;)

i1465789

p4ran0id":2zw9if0z said:
i1465789":2zw9if0z said:
e.g. You get (local) anesthetized for surgery, and in the middle of the surgery, you got shocked by a stun gun but still being conscious...

If you are anesthetized (depends on how deep), and get shocked, you're adrenalin highs up and you can overcome several effects! Your body will be full of adrenalin noradrenaline, Dopamin and Co, You'll be in a rush and become for a few minutes like hulk... ;)

You can read on Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anesthetic
Local anesthetics are agents that prevent transmission of nerve impulses without causing unconsciousness

Even if you go HIGH, your nerves are just block, so you still can't move.
I've written "(local) anesthetized" as well.

Local anesthesia is just like being paralyzed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_anesthetic

If you're saying the possibility of overcoming certain effects, that is more refer to "Battle Rage".

i1465789

p4ran0id":2in8k140 said:
i1465789":2in8k140 said:

Probably it's better to understand this way as in the picture