Fun or a Chore?

Divinity

Firstly i wanna say this game is a "sort" of gem. If the issues that bother me get addressed then i can feel it is a gem. I made an account cuz i care about this game enough to post this. just one word....... "MANA" ........ i got my companion healer and im like WOW yes someone to heal me this is so awesome. and boom.. mana down / no regen and im like hmmm. "ok thats fine im sure after she dies it will have atleast half mana and nope... lol...

ok sure u need to go back to town to stock up and rest.. but what about the hardcore farmers who wanna grind? i read cap was removed above 25, illl be one of the ones going / trying past that.. ok sure i read there is a place that drops alot of mana pots but how about early game? going back to town ever moment is not fun bruh...

why does this game feel a bit of a chore sometimes.. this game could be a beauty if it was not so hard... the easiest mode as a PAY PLAYER.. shouldnt the player be able to choose what difficulty he would like? should casual / story / easy mode actually be easy for those that maybe just want story? i mean they ALREADY" payed lol...

usually pay to win games make it almost impossible so u are forced to top up etc.. im grateful i read a trick to level fast and decent but what about those who dont know lol..

anyway... make game easier for "casual mode" and fix mana issues lol.. i wont even touch mage class... sure in THE LONG RUN.. u can have alot mana and pots but early on? who knows how many have quit cuz these things.. i read and see alot complaints about mana also in forum and about the difficulty .. on youtube all u see is most ppl say pick casual / easiest mode... cuz its so annoying the other modes..

anyway.. rant over..... other than that , this game is a gem... ive played so many rpg way back to bg and zel da : links awakening.. so im a hardcore gamer hehe.

im so excited for the new game dev. keep it up!!!! This sure feels like the classics.

Divinity

Correct bro Paranoid. He "wont" lose players by making an easier mode.

But he "is" losing players by leaving the game too hard. (how the game is currently, me being one of them i almost had quit)

What mode u play ? casual? and u said u like it "hard' so that means casual is not easy but its hard.. hence unbalanced lol. ( i kno u prolly play norm or hard since u played awhile now so u want more challenge) but i would love to know those that say like it hard if they play on hard difficulty.

if a person gets bored playing a easy mode he can easy just restart quickly on normal or higher. This change wont even affect you or anyone cuz u can just play how u are playing now and let the person who wants easier play easier.

he can keep game just how it is now and add new option called "super casual and easy for noobs" lol j/k but u get me.

anywhoo at the end of the day David said hes not focus on this game too much, but on the next game. I sure hope next game improves on these things.

Xen

Loreseeker
Divinity":3e61wlxm said:
Well ima push to get to that ice town and buy deepfrost cognac i saw on wiki.

No, you don't have to go that far to buy Deepfrost Cognac, you can buy some in as early as New Garand via Trader Pink or just outside New Garand in the Inori Desert specifically in the Inori Enclave a.k.a Wizard Tower. Just a piece of information, Deepfrost Cognac is 1 Stack per bottle it can't stack up to two it is just like Epic Omellet and it is only a good source of health and mana in the early levels. BTW you can upgrade Deepfrost Cognac to be stackable and turns to Whitetower Brew just by bringing 1 bottle and 2 Chunks of Fat.

Xen

Loreseeker
BTW I understand both of you guys, Paranoid wants casual easy with a bit of challenge while others just want to play as casual as it can be or in other words like a story playthrough without soul of a challenge. Maybe David can consider it because yeah I know some players without the hardcore experience for most of the games in the same genre can feel the frustration especially if they don't have much time to play a game.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Divinity":26d3gqg0 said:
The person already payed so whats the problem in doing so?

Well, money isn't everything.

You're pretty much concentrated on money here, but not all of us considers money most important thing.

There's also vision, the way someone wants something to be. This game is, as any other game out there, vision of its creator(s). It may work, or it may not work, but still, final judgement is made by game developer(s).

On the other note, David mentioned that he may consider even easier level.

DavidBVal":26d3gqg0 said:
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. One thing is clear, the current difficulty levels will stay as they are.

My preliminary idea is adding a "Super Casual" (not the real name, heh) difficulty with a 25% reduction in enemy HP and DPS, and regeneration up to 50% of hp without cap.

I'd also speed up the regen speed a bit. I don't like regeneration, but once I decide to give it to some players that want it, there's no point in making they stare at the screen.

I might rename Casual to Easy and call the new difficulty "Very Easy" or something like that.

As a small "penalty", I might restrict many of the steam achievements on the new difficulty.

You can read posts before and after one linked and quoted.

Lolerescut

Grinding at early stages is not useful grinding at best is before the ending in the ark where you might need to pass over tge level 25 cap just to get rid of the forsakeb abd live in a forsaken free world and yes leveling buffs hp and mana for every level amount buffed depends on traits as for how hard the game it not hard except for ironman which is not hard either but rather annoyibg since you die you start again i believe it is made for seriuos grinding tried a couple of times didnt reach kingsbridge
And for mana it would be nice if you can buy pots in lanagear valley i mean really the first place you can buy "stackable" mana pots is icemist for mages and a good tip dont be a hoarder of lots who doesnt use them "like me i only use pots in the arc and sewers" use pots gold is almost useless in the game its best uses are 50k for end game armor and 35k for vaults thats it rest of the gold fill with pots and spam them

Ps. The game could use some explantion of somesort for begginers since most new players come to play thinking they better grind

p4ran0id

Staff member
Divinity":1jm71t3u said:
Correct bro Paranoid. He "wont" lose players by making an easier mode.

But he "is" losing players by leaving the game too hard. (how the game is currently, me being one of them i almost had quit)

He won't loose active players, but he will loose the community!

What I trying to explain, if the game would have an very easy mode, that won't bind me (I'm talking only about me).

A very easy game will get more players, but it can't bind them! The feeling to solve a hard competition isn't comparable to a run threw mode. The only reason that game bound me was the competition! If that would be easier, my first run would be my last run! I would never tried a new character, or a second run and so on!
For example skyrim, that's way to easy and I only played the game once, that destroyed everything because it's too easy and boring. Oblivion otherwise, I played several times over and over again.

Yes, David loose some players, but with the actual difficulty that game keeps more player active! The competition is what makes it awesome, if I had played a story Mode, it would be my only playthrew.

And that's what I tried to say, if you get a way to finish casual/normal/hard mode, you'll understand what's so fascinating about that game, and each run you'll get a bit more, that will keep you playing. With an easy mode that won't work that way! That's why I am again a 'very easy' mode

A very easy game isn't important, you won't talk about it and that won't spread. But a competing game, you'll be proud of, you start to talk about your efforts and that spread along the players! That's how I get here

Xen

Loreseeker
The challenge in a game is what makes me stick to it. Exiled Kingdoms is simple yet a challenging game, if it is not challenging then other players might play another game which is more intense, complex, or something that you have to use your mind to plan a strategy. But I admit you will still love Exiled Kingdoms even if it becomes too easy because of the exciting stories. David can also become an Author of a book aside from being a programmer :D

Divinity

Alan_SP":wrh1qy7s said:
Divinity":wrh1qy7s said:
The person already payed so whats the problem in doing so?

Well, money isn't everything.

You're pretty much concentrated on money here, but not all of us considers money most important thing.

There's also vision, the way someone wants something to be. This game is, as any other game out there, vision of its creator(s). It may work, or it may not work, but still, final judgement is made by game developer(s).

On the other note, David mentioned that he may consider even easier level.

DavidBVal":wrh1qy7s said:
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. One thing is clear, the current difficulty levels will stay as they are.

My preliminary idea is adding a "Super Casual" (not the real name, heh) difficulty with a 25% reduction in enemy HP and DPS, and regeneration up to 50% of hp without cap.

I'd also speed up the regen speed a bit. I don't like regeneration, but once I decide to give it to some players that want it, there's no point in making they stare at the screen.

I might rename Casual to Easy and call the new difficulty "Very Easy" or something like that.

As a small "penalty", I might restrict many of the steam achievements on the new difficulty.

You can read posts before and after one linked and quoted.

Wow, this is exactly what im trying to say and he already addressed it. Thanks so much for the link. I checked as some complained on steam about difficulty on what david linked to, i also checked on app store critical reviews on ipad and quite a few are about same thing. (Sorry to kinda post about same thing again)

Altho my post talks about inventory space and few diff things, Cheers and happy gaming.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Xen":1g90evim said:
David can also become an Author of a book aside from being a programmer :D

As long as he doesn't sell his soul to Hollywood and stop writing...

Ps: I hope you rot in hell, R. R. Martin! Still waiting for the next book you SoaB! :evil:

Cuckoorex

The only class I felt wasn't worth continuing on with was the Cleric, and that was at level 18 (which was when the Mage was introduced). Rogue was easiest, with Evasion, Flurry, Precision Shots and Strikes, Massive Crits, etc., with Rogue and Hirge as companion, I almost never come close to dying after level 15. Warrior is harder, no Evasion. Mage is becoming easier and easier; Earth Elemental (Iron Golem) plus summoner (puts Iron Golem at level 18) and Hirge for healing and tanking means I sit back and use a Staff of Storms to deal 33+ DPS with rarely taking a hit at all and don't use mana to use it. The only real difficulty comes with elemental damage, like Ashen Wastes or Plane of Fire, where I have to use equipment to buffer resistance.