It would be nice to change where EK.bak files are saved

LairdWiz

I would love to be able to save my ek.bak files and load them from my OneDrive. That would make going from PC to tablet and back much more seamless.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Is your device rooted?

There are several workarounds for that problem.

But maybe David could include a 'share save' option. Since you have to backup manual, this would be enough

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Well, not sure how all sync software works, but it really would be great if we can use certain directory for saving EK.bak.

At the moment I think we can use two locations, root and downloads directory. At least in Android.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Alan_SP":22ni95y3 said:
At the moment I think we can use two locations, root and downloads directory. At least in Android.

I can only use the root directory. At least I didn't find any setting to change that

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
For exporting yes, I think we only can export to root, but I think that downloads works for importing, at least I think I remember David mentioned something like this.

But, it would be really nice if we could set some directory for importing and exporting on all platforms. In that case we could use third party cloud option, e.g. Google Drive and automatize sync between platforms, which would make exchanging save file between platforms and devices very easy.

And, in long run, it would make David's life easier, because we would easy setup cloud save file exchange by ourselves.

Hope David would consider adding option for custom directory on all platforms, I'm not sure if it is that hard, but it would solve problem for easy save file exchange.