Poison River reward (light spoiler)

Artemis Leafarrow

Hello

Lvl 19 Rogue Archer ready to finish Shards of fate (need 2 more shards). Just completed Poison River quest, and I am stuck which reward is better. I do usually use Hirge for my big missions, but Gris is very strong too. I built them both up pretty nice. Gris is AGI build. Currently using Sonnet and has 32 armor at lvl 16.

The boots are all classes which is nice, plus stability seems useful for Gris, not for me as an archer, I want to be far away. Not sure if they are good for Hirge. My Hirge is a Str/high mana build. I was using all 2h weapons until I got Paladins longsword.

Bottom line the Paladin sword still better for Hirge than maul of Garrok its only .5 less damage and 3 more armor.

So overall I am thinking the boots are better, since everyone can use them. Its a little bit of a tough decision especially since maul give +shock dam which is good vs undead and ark and my Hirge is a 2H user. But Paladin Longsword so unbalanced for cleric how could you not use it?

Boots or Maul????

Lestat

Hi!
I'm always choose boots! =)
maul of Garrok - it's not useful for Hirge(prefferable ghostbane or despair for me) -> after Palladin sword->Nanocarbon Sword. Hirge is support companion so 2h build not effective for her survivability.
For Gris - icicle/primal icicle.

Emeus

There are only a few boots that have +3 AR, and this pare is for all, of course boots :p

p4ran0id

Staff member
Doesn't matter.
But if you have to choose, take the boots. Weapons you'll get better one in Ark. Boots are nice to have, but also not really necessary. ;)

Atomos

You can't take Hirge to the Ark with you, so in your case maul isn't as good as boots. You might use those yourself when you get tired of enemies controlling your position with Bash etc. Maul is good if your main character is a cleric, or if you really like using 2h weapons, and lack of those boots won't be a hinderance in the end ;)

As a two-handed warrior in a leather build I prefer the Maul of Garrak which is actually the most potent SILVER weapon and devastatingly effective against the formidable werewolves whereas the nanocarbon longsword and greataxe are not. The Iron Foot boots are also an outstanding item, but the Ashen boots provide similar protection and stability and plus one armor point.

Here is my secondary warrior in full metal and Iron Foot boots...

Heavy metal mallet circa Old Irish-Viking period more than a thousand years ago and similar to the Maul of Garrak a 'mythical magic weapon from the imperial days.' This heavy weapon was wielded by men of renown who believed that the best defense is a strong offense and was considered the best overall two-handed weapon because unlike the sword or axe it never needed sharpening...