So did anyone else take on the Forsaken in the Arc?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Hey, look, there is a barrel full of napalm, give me a lighter so I can see what's inside... :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I think someone managed to kill them all and posted about it, but I don't remember who it was.(I know it's true because he complained about the drops, or lack of)

Vil

Yep, did that.

Cleric (cleric/warrior build) with intervention + potions of lesser restoration (+ greater mana potions and galade) on lvl 26 is pretty much immortal. Normal difficulty tho.

I have summoned elemental, triggered fight, gulped potion of invis and run to the upper corner near entry door to the room. Some of the forsaken aggroed on elemental, just a few (5-6) on me. Killed them in the corner and than lured rest by 2-3 at a time and killed them step by step.

It was easier than I thought in the end - did it succesfully on second try.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Vil":1jw95qmu said:
Yep, did that.

Cleric (cleric/warrior build) with intervention + potions of lesser restoration (+ greater mana potions and galade) on lvl 26 is pretty much immortal. Normal difficulty tho.

I have summoned elemental, triggered fight, gulped potion of invis and run to the upper corner near entry door to the room. Some of the forsaken aggroed on elemental, just a few (5-6) on me. Killed them in the corner and than lured rest by 2-3 at a time and killed them step by step.

It was easier than I thought in the end - did it succesfully on second try.

Well done, reminds me of when I killed Drizzt in Baldur's Gate :D

Atomos

DavidBVal":ah1egnpq said:
Well done, reminds me of when I killed Drizzt in Baldur's Gate :D
Sooo, when talking beholder who hates imps will be summoned to EK for the sake of guarding a chest?

Skia

Skia

They shouldn't kidnapped my sister...
This time I beat them without so much preparation as a level 21 (get 22 while fighting them) hard cleric. In comparison with my rouge it was really interesting and much more fun. Because I have only invisibility pots, I have to fight forsaken in small groups, not one by one, but with intervention it was doable. Magister and mages with death attack was pretty tough, because of paralysis, so I healed fully before face each of them.
Still, this was my hardest battle, and I get nothing to remember it, not even little achievement, except these screenshots

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
Skia":2t4x34ir said:
This time I beat them without so much preparation as a level 21 (get 22 while fighting them) hard cleric.

I'm impressed, you managed to beat the strongest faction of the exiled kingdoms all at once alone. That's the only challenge of the entire game I haven't done yet. I have beaten every other foe, gained every achievement and conquered even ironman as a mage, but against the full forsaken force I have always bitten the dust so far. What you did is a great achievement and shouldn't be taken lightly

Skia":2t4x34ir said:
Still, this was my hardest battle, and I get nothing to remember it, not even little achievement

While an achievement might be a bit too much to ask since only a very select few of players could even hope to defeat this challenge, it would indeed be nice if you got some item or something as a reward for your troubles. And proof that you did the near impossible.

Although, you do get the reward of completing the only ending where you can beat up the magister for all the trouble he has caused you. In all other endings he either leave peacefully or flees away so you finally have the satisfaction of giving him a well deserved punch in the face for kidnapping you and your sister.