EK Development: Version 1.2 is complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
With the release of update 1.2.1107 on July 5th, Exiled Kingdoms has finally implemented all the features planned for this development arc:

• Extra content: 4 new outdoor sectors added, 11 new areas in total. This includes the companion quests, which not only add depth to the characters but also provide interesting lore about the setting.

• Improved controller support: Via controller/keyboard you can now handle basic inventory functions and navigate dialogues.

• Visible helms and hoods: Head-Gear now shows in the player as you equip it.

• PC version: support for high resolutions. the game now supports several resolutions chosen by the user, up to 1920x1080.

• PC version: Steam Cards Valve made Exiled Kingdoms elligible for Steam Cards, which was the perfect excuse to comission some cool concept art.

• Additional features: small quality-of-life things like the new Area Autosave, new save slots, etc. were be added to the game.

In addition to the list above, this new version has improved localization. Several languages are now complete, others in the way. Thanks once more to the volunteer team for their awesome work!

What to expect after 1.2: I can't realistically work on two games at the same time, and I can't keep developing (and selling) the same game my whole life. Despite we all wanting more and more, the game is already huge as it is, way bigger and more complex than what its price tag may sustain, and everything that was promised has been implemented with 1.1. I might add more content over the next years, depending on my availability and other projects, who knows! But my absolute priority will be my next game, which I'll be talking about very soon.

This post was originally used to announce the planned features of version 1.2, it was edited in 2018 July to reflect the changes were implemented. The posts below are left unchanged, and reflect the updates leading from 1.1. to 1.2.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: EK Development: upcoming features for v. 1.2

New update 1.1.1084 which includes several items from the list above (PC high resolution support, new save options). It also fixes some long-standing small bugs in the game.

Android version is already rolling out, PC will be available tomorrow and iOS in a few days.

Full details at changelog.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

PC version now includes Steam Cards feature. Some interesting concept art there!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

The translation team has completed the Italian and German localization, it will be added on next update. Thanks to everyone involved!

I've been on a trip for the last week, but tomorrow I resume the work on next update.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

I've been working on new content nonstop the last days. This update includes several new areas and encounters that are not connected to each other, so it's possible that in a test update I release just parts of it while I work on others. I'll give more details in a couple weeks, but I think you'll enjoy the new stuff!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

A brief update on development. Unfortunately I've been sick for the last weeks, but it's nothing serious and I'm already recovering. This most certainly will delay all my estimates for next update, however, and as you may have noticed is limiting very much my presence in the forums. Everything should be back to normal in a week.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

I released today a crashfix build for iOS only (1.1.1085) to prevent the game from logging into Google Play Games at start up. It was causing crashes for many users, so on Apple devices the connection will now be manual, and those users that can't log into GPGS will have to do without achievements and cloud for now; remember you can backup your data via iTunes File Sharing too.

Compatibility between iOS and the Google libraries is working worse with each new iOS update, so I'll eventually try to replace it with Apple Game Center. This sounds easy, but actually isn't; this is a multiplatform game, so not every library is available to me.

Other than that: I am back to work on the new areas, quests and dialogues. I don't dare to make more estimates, however! But the extra time has helped me to mature some ideas and I think you're gonna love the new content. It deals with several loose ends and materializes some of the very early ideas from 2014 that I could never add to the game until now.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

The work continues. As it always happens, new content is ending up being bigger and more complex than planned. Because of this, and because I am aware it has been a long time without new content, I'll likely release the part of it that is ready in a test update, probably in a week if all goes well, and maybe another week to make it public. It includes the background quest of one of the companions, plus other content; I'm still working on the other two companion quests.

Disclaimer: Don't expect this to be one of those huge updates like the Ark one or the Thuram one; even if I started working on it 2 months ago, I was sick for a month and also other things kept me rather busy. Still I think you'll like it :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Today I released an update for Android testers, PC testers will get it shortly after. It includes about 50% of the content planned for 1.2.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Update 1.1.1091 is rolling out and should reach everyone through the day. I hope you like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.