Mage balance // logged progression // possible perlevel skill enhacements need

Mage need of "power" balancing

• It's best as it is.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Could be better.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Sure it's needed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't afford playing with mage till done.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legolineo

I buy game about a month ago and as soon as I get the "mid-game level" I noticed that the mage skills end up being logged because of their "non per-level" power advancement. I was wondering if adding this would not be essential as the progression get clunkier as much as you go on leveling and, my guess, will make a high level mage became really annoying to play.

I really enjoy leveling based gameplay so my opinion has its tendencies but i really noticed an unfairness as i am leveling and getting "weaker" or at least give a really hard time to get decent playable power, mostly like getting 2~4 levels higher to avoid dyeing or wasting thousand, literally, in potion s.

- My suggestion is just adding level based skill updates, mainly on staves/wands masteries so we be out of use in battle, like paper made old potato guns, always in absolute need of a protector that isn't so easy/manageable to do.-

btw: i'm trying to get to know people opinion on such point, and, due to this being a "temporary" situation (not because will change but it will not be accurate if counting with outdated oppinions as it MAYBE will change) and also, in the case of success, giving this data to dev or anyone in touch with the dev. feel free to ignore and, be happy!! Good exploring for you, exiled paws.

!!!THIS GAME IS THE BEST I'VE EVER PLAYED ON ANY MOBILE AND ALMOS BEST OF ANY PLATFORM, LOVE U FOR MAKING SUCH A WONDERFUL GAME, FELL'S LIKE DROWN IN A D&D BOOK/TABLE!!!

AhDeh

I'm not really sure what you mean, alot of skills are scaled by level, but they do scale with intelligence (staff and lightning bolt) so it do scale nicely with level.

Plus staffs also scale with Agility.

I think the mage is the second strongest class in endgame especially with mage armor and brass golem tank.

Right now I think Mages are in a very good position, sure they are very weak until lvl 10-12 but after that they become very strong.

Warriors though I think are still the easiest class to play (Not played Rogue yet (well only to level 14), waiting for the PC release for that)

RougeRogue

You'll find that most if not all classes struggle around the mid levels. It could be a case of needing to respec or making more use of potions and equipment until you stabilize the build.

Legolineo

indeed, i didn't made till endgame, so i wouldn't be the best person to claim nothing. I was sayng this, this two skills being the only ones that upgrade with leveling. i'm not sure but, as far as i noticed, fireball, ice storm, wand mastery, etc. doesn't do so. i was saying that should be a god thing, based on what a experienced so far, plus what i have read on some topics, to put an meaning on the leveling it self, i do agreed with "expensiveness" of the traits and skill, make it fells like i'm training with the char, but we get a lot of levels for "nothing" because most of the skills, except for staff mastery (this one was a mistake of mine, sorry) and lightning bolt, wont have any change at all. wont change if i'm a brainiac, nor if i'm staf ninja!

really thanks for the attention, you guys are awesome! and sorry for the poor english

Mod Note: Full quote deleted.

AhDeh

There's one more skill which scales with level when you join the wizard's guild. And trust me it can take away a large chunk of health from any boss..

deadcorpze

I'm currently playing a rogue archer and the miss thing is kind of unfair. In all my time playing a mage I've never seen its attacks miss with enemies at melee range while the archer rogue does. I don't know what's the logic behind it but it would also be fair to let mages miss at melee range too

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
deadcorpze":2vpzbg9w said:
I'm currently playing a rogue archer and the miss thing is kind of unfair. In all my time playing a mage I've never seen its attacks miss with enemies at melee range while the archer rogue does. I don't know what's the logic behind it but it would also be fair to let mages miss at melee range too

The rogue can take the ocassional damage well and can switch to a light melee weapon that works on the same attribute as his bow. The mage really can't.

VDX_360

Staff member
deadcorpze":ohn993nt said:
.. ..it would also be fair to let mages miss at melee range too

The serious response:
Rogue's get a lot of skills to help them with melee range (evasion, melee weapons, stab, kick, etc). Wizards got.... Mage Armor? Hide behind an Iron Golem and prepare a teleportation scroll? Rogues do very well in melee range compared to wizards so not seeing an unfair balance there.

The not-serious responses:
1) It's magic. Enough said.
2) Do you really want to bring up logic in a fantasy game?
2) Really, a thief is going to complain about fairness?
3) When the Developer was a kid, school bullies stole his lunch money almost every day. Since than the Developer has had a grudge against any-type thieves, which includes Rogues in the game. That's why Rogues miss with arrows that are too close, why Adaon tries to disarm traps by walking on them (technically disarming the trap?), and why players using a Rogue are the only class that can't use the Invisible Swamp Donkey as a companion.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
VDX_360":kb0b7kde said:
3) When the Developer was a kid, school bullies stole his lunch money almost every day. Since than the Developer has had a grudge against any-type thieves, which includes Rogues in the game.

True story: there are some NPCs named as certain school bullies (letters scrambled to make them less obvious) that you guys kill routinely as my instrument of eternal revenge upon them. :mrgreen: