Support for MOGA controller

Wariamu

Hi! I'm a new player to the game. I just wanted to say I love it by the way :) I'm really enjoying it.

I was also really glad to see that controllers were supported for the game but when I tried to play with my MOGA pro power controller I couldn't get it to work. I'm not entirely sure why?

I tried going in the settings to map the controller buttons and I tried both "A" and "B" modes for the controller and neither worked.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Wariamu":3cmblxrf said:
Hi! I'm a new player to the game. I just wanted to say I love it by the way :) I'm really enjoying it.

I was also really glad to see that controllers were supported for the game but when I tried to play with my MOGA pro power controller I couldn't get it to work. I'm not entirely sure why?

I tried going in the settings to map the controller buttons and I tried both "A" and "B" modes for the controller and neither worked.

Hello, I know some players use MOGA. Other buttons/axis work fine? Maybe it can be set to a different "mode" that works?

Wariamu

I'll try again but, when I tried, I attempted to use both modes and neither would work at all. None of the buttons did anything. I tried going to the menu for controller button mapping and it couldn't detect any input (as far as I could tell)

Maybe they're using another software that allows them using the controller as a "generic" one? Those that generally require root of the phone. I wish I had root ~.~ but it's such a pain to do because I've got a canadian phone. Also, some apps won't work when your phone is rooted. I hate this whole root bs :x

I haven't owned any other controllers for Android but this one comes with it's own software and a "library" a supported games. It's a bit unclear to me if it is supposed as a regular controller if the game you try it on isn't in its library.

Wariamu

I have more attemps and I couldn't get it to do anything in the game. (Mind you, the controller was working in other games and in the home screen)

Would you happen to know who it was that had a MOGA controller? I'll try a search on the forums as well.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'll try to get my hands into a MOGA and check myself.

The input detection screen should be able to capture nearly anything... I even tried with bluetooth keyboards and it works fine, so it's surprising that a controller (and a very known one) is not being detected.

VikingOfAnarchy

I'm also having issues when I try to use my Moga Pocket controller. I'm using the generic 3rd party Moga driver. I have my basic attack mapped to the right trigger. Occasionally, when I use this button, my mage will start attacking and not stop. When this happens, I can't make him do anything else; he is stuck in place shooting spells from his staff, and I have to terminate the EK app via the tablet system (Samsung Tab E Lite ANdroid v4.4.4) to restart the game.

I'm not super tech-savvy. My guess is that it is probably an issue with using a 3rd party driver, but I really don't know.

However, it will probably be a moot point for me once EK is released on PC. I seriously check several times a week to make sure I don't miss the update!

Facesofmu

I'm also having trouble having my MOGA Pro acknowledge any inputs for the controller setup screen in EK. It's quite a shame as I bought the controller specifically for playing this.
Any help?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I am afraid I can't work on this issue in the short term, as I am knee-deep into the desktop version development. But I already ordered a Moga and will, eventually, try to make it work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Subotai

DavidBVal":2d2owksb said:
I am afraid I can't work on this issue in the short term, as I am knee-deep into the desktop version development. But I already ordered a Moga and will, eventually, try to make it work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

hi has there been any updates on this? when i try to setup my controller in game i click on a keybinding and it just auto sets it to axis 6 and i cant reset it so now everything is axis 6.

also i had been using a keybinding app called octopus as that was the only way i could use my controller to play the game on my moga controller but now i cant import my saves and the game is crashing all the time. ie if i try to start a new game so i can save and then import saves it crashes i cant connect to google or it crashes

do any controllers work ill just buy one that does so i can finish the game

*edit*
i am on an android Oneplus 6 and my controller is a moga pro power

*Edit*
i bought panda keymapper 64 for $1.29 and it works without crashing for my moga

Edit

well that keymapper makes it so the game isnt recognized as the full version so that sucks... guess ill go buy another controller, end blog lol