Player Weapon/Armor Ideas

Tikibane

Hey there guys! Tikibane here...

I thought a thread for armor or weapon ideas would be a wonderful idea and decided to start one in the hopes that maybe the developer would see some of the ideas and implement them. :D

When you put these together please use detail and creativity!

Names and Lore would be a wonderful addition to the weapons, maybe even a cute quip like you see in the game itself.

Things such as damage, speed and effects on the weapons would be a welcome bonus in the explanation...

Ex:
[cell] Greensteel Mace [/cell]
[row][cell] Damage [/cell][cell]9-11[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Speed [/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait/Effect [/cell][cell]Swift - effect trait that has a 25% chance to cause a double hit when attacking an enemy.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Made from a magical metal that makes the weapon unbelievabley fast![/cell][/row]

That example is my way of starting things off, so let's get this party rolling guys!
I'll enter all the data into tables and add you names and items onto this main post guys :D

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Weapons [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ricthum":7w3ofpgh said:
Sword name : Holy Diver (Legendary Tier)

Damage : 13-17 (2handed or 1 handed for 7-11)

Traits: Dragonslayer III , Beastslayer III, Holy III (2 damage per rank for both)

Class : Warrior ( or an upraged warrior with minumum lvl or str to wield)

Description: Legend says its from an another world.Used to killing dragons, mostly.

ENDGAME ITEM RIGHT THERE, RIP RJD.

Mi-Marmotte":7w3ofpgh said:
Here are a few weird ones:

The Wrong End
1H sword
Light
Damage -1 -2 (it damages yourself )

"No matter how hard you try, you can't hold that sword without hurting yourself one way or another"
" It is said that only people with two left hands can wield it properly..."

This one could be an item for a funny quest where a guy who really has two left hands ( or is the clumsiest Guy ever) ask you to teach him how to fight with a sword. But no matter what you try, you can't teach him anything without him hurting himself or breaking stuffs. The only way to succeed is to bring him this sword. But the thing is, nothing or no one in the game tells you about that sword ( except maybe for the Guy himself saying something vague after each failure, like ' if only i had a better\more appropriate sword' ), you have to find it by chance and do the math yourself. The reward could be a really good weapon that the guy had in his family and could never use, or a trait\skill book.

The Hazardous/Random/Impossible Bow (choose one)
Random shoot
Damages 15-15

"The string of this bow is so taut that when you finally muster enough strength to draw it, you can't aim at all"

Well all is said here. The strongest bow, but it shoots each time in a random direction...

The Poltergeist
Bow
possession
Damage 1-2

"It is said that this bow is possessed by the Soul of a necromancer from the Dark Age"

Targets hit by this bow will attack other mobs for a limited time. There can also be a restriction on level/race of the foe. (Works only on undead for instance)

I did say they were weird weapons. They also might be difficult/impossible to implement... But i had fun imagining them :D

Sir ShanksAlot":7w3ofpgh said:
Dope - Allow me.

Cracks magic weapons crafting knuckles

Writes some runes
πΣµΦΘδΩαφ≈⌐∩∞ß

Loading... Loading... Loading..

SUCCESS

Nivaria's Whip
Description: So this is how Nivaria kept the undead back!

Damage: 6-8, +3 Spirit
Speed: 12 Critical: 6%

Tikibane
Drascar the Troll Eater

-Long Sword
A Legendary blade fabled to have an unquenchable taste for troll flesh.

*Damage - 8-13 + 4 Fire
*Speed - 11
*Attributes - Troll-Slayer II & Vicious

Ethan185

[row][cell]Mace of Arbenos[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Damage[/cell][cell]9-11 +5 Fire[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Speed[/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Trait/Effect[/cell][cell]Holy III - Adds 1 point of damage per rank to undead[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Description[/cell][cell]The mighty mace of our lord Arbeno himself, A boon to the fight against the undead![/cell][/row]

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Armor [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ethan185
[cell] Crown Of Thelume [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Intelligence + 4[/cell][cell]Health + 20[/cell][cell]Armor +1[/cell][cell]Mana +60[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait [/cell][cell]Magical Sight[/cell][cell]100% Detectiong of secrets and doors[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Class Restriction [/cell][cell]Mage Only[/cell][/row]

Sharkyinthe UK
[cell] Blessed Plate Mail [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +3[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Helm [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Legs [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor+3[/cell][cell]Health +5[/cell][cell]Mana+4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Boots [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Holy armor worn by the most trusted and powerful paladins of The Three[/cell][cell] Restrictions [/cell][cell]Strength of 2 Required Cleric Only[/cell][/row]

Kriben

Translator
Slick24":fzkvtd2h said:
Those are so clever idea dude. That should be ba add as unique since its 1 time item.
Also there can be a dialoge( like with statues) with awarness(or intellect) check, but then it should not be rogue only( the idea was that only he can be smart enought to use it as a shield)

Isiliax

Kriben":2mh1euuv said:
Slick24":2mh1euuv said:
Those are so clever idea dude. That should be ba add as unique since its 1 time item.
Also there can be a dialoge( like with statues) with awarness(or intellect) check, but then it should not be rogue only( the idea was that only he can be smart enought to use it as a shield)
Isn't more smart to use Buckler? :-D

Grim Reaper

[row][cell] Gloves of Vampirism Class: Rogue Life Leech II Gloves worn by Vampires to cover the blood of their victims Bonus: +3 Armor, +7hp, +11 Death Resistance, + 7 Spirit Resistance, +6 Poison Resistance [/cell]
[cell] Gauntlets of Vampirism Class: Warrior Life Leech III Gloves worn by Vampires to cover the blood of their victims Bonus: +5 Armor, +15hp, +11 Death Resistance, + 7 Spirit Resistance, +6 Poison Resistance [/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Hat of High Interests Class: Rogue Gossip III, Tinkering I, Detection I Hat which attracts attention Bonus: +3 Armor, 10hp [/cell]
[cell] Pendant of True Light Class: Warrior, Cleric Paralysis Immunity Those who were blinded shall be enlighten.. Bonus: +2 Armor, +20hp, + 30 Spirit Resistance [/cell][/row]

Life Leech - converts 5% of damage done per rank into life
Paralysis Immunity - immune to Paralysis

While i am it i would like to suggest new way to describe items... let me give u an example using 1 of items i just suggested...

Item color would be purple cuz it would be uncommon... green for common, light red for limited and dark red for unique... in this case i used green for "warrior"... i imagined it to be either green or red, depending on ur class... if u fit in the class restriction area it would be green, otherwise it would be red... also sryh for confusion i made with name "gloves of vampirism" since i actually made "gauntlets of vampirism".... can't do much about it since i closed the word(thought it would be easier to make this with word instead of photoshop) and i noticed this 2 l8...

Attachments

• pattern.jpg
    pattern.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 3,003

Slick24

Ring of Unnature
Class:All
+10 armor, +5hp, -10death, -10holy, -10poison, -10fire, -10ice, -10shock
Description: Can whitstand heavy blows, but not the nature around you.

Ring of Honor
Class:All
Bonus:+1 Str, +1 End
+20 spirit
Description: Perfect for a honorable warrior

Damascus longsword
Class: Warrior, rogue
Damage: 10-12
Speed:11 Crit:6%
Description: A sharp sword that can cut steel.

Sword of Triumph
Class: Warrior, Rogue
Bonus: Gossip II
Damage: 7-10
Speed: 10 Crit%: 7%
Description: You can tell many different kind of stories with this sword.

Cursed Sword
Class:Warrior, Rogue
Damage: 0-0
Speed: 11 Crit%: 6
Description: Many tried to wield this sword but failed to understand how its real secret power works.
Secret Power: Undefined

JarrenDrahn

Given damascus steel is named for the city in Syria in which it supposedly originated, the name would make no sense in a fantasy world. Otherwise some nice ideas.

Slick24

We actually need more ranged equipment. I feel like the archer is limited on equipments because the game doesn't have a bow that has atleast one of each element on the game such as holy and death.
Also maybe add more range weapon besides bow such as throwing knife and spear like someone mentioned on a discussion, i think its David or Alan.

Atomos

Axe of dying earth
Class: Warrior, rogue
Damage: 2-9 +10 acid
Speed:10 Crit:7%
Description: Cleaning the edge is impossible. This filth is magical.

Just in case someone who uses hand weapons needs a tool to dispose of some ground vermin ;)

Tarxus Planeswalker

David I wanted to know if you could take equipped shields for two handed warriors and clerics and half their defense, and add that amount to the total armor since those players can't use them and such.

VDX_360

Staff member
Are you asking to add half the defense of a shield in the shield spot, even through the shield isn't actually equipped (red line through it)?

2-H weapons require both hands. Hard to use a shield. 2-H Warriors become seriously powerful by mid-game. 2-H expert with stun and extra damage starts to pay serious dividends when your STR reaches 4 (only goes up from there). The high offense power is balanced by the inability to use a shield.