What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Spyder7723":uucpzjbx said:
DavidBVal":uucpzjbx said:
Denzera":uucpzjbx said:
GoG has the eye of the beholder series on sale this week. 3 great old school dnd games for 3 bucks. Wil be a heart blast from the past four when i finish this game. Gonna have to order a bucket load of graph paper :)

Maybe we should open a thread for PC classic RPGs!

VoidWalkerZ

Mystery of fortune AD (android)
Tales of the Rays (android)
RPG End of Aspiration F (android) (kemco)
Red Towers (android) (beta)
Kingdom Hearts Unchained X (android)
Fire Emblem Heroes (android)

Baldur's Gate 2 SoA (pc)

Lunar 2 (psx emu)
Grandia 2 (pc)

also if you need some psx game suggestions just ask :)

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
DavidBVal":38goz1gy said:

Great idea. And considering how powerful smart phones are today compared to the computers of yesterday... I'm sure many have been emulated/ported. Tho i have no idea how to do that.

VoidWalkerZ

Spyder7723":poh5dzho said:
DavidBVal":poh5dzho said:

Great idea. And considering how powerful smart phones are today compared to the computers of yesterday... I'm sure many have been emulated/ported. Tho i have no idea how to do that.

I havnt ran into a pc emulator for the phone yet but there are quite a few console level games for android (Final Fantasy serirs, Dragon Quest series, etc) but they are generally very large on data storage. But if you find one i want to know about it!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Spyder7723":3gl39867 said:
DavidBVal":3gl39867 said:

The problem isn't power, the problem is controls. There are versions of DOSBox for android, but games designed for a PC with mouse and keyboard will be nearly unplayable on a touchscreen for the most part, even a tablet. Console emulation, on the other hand, doesn't use mouse/keyboard so a few on-screen controls allow to play.

VoidWalkerZ

DavidBVal":1jllqrvz said:
Spyder7723":1jllqrvz said:
DavidBVal":1jllqrvz said:

The problem isn't power, the problem is controls. There are versions of DOSBox for android, but games designed for a PC with mouse and keyboard will be nearly unplayable on a touchscreen for the most part, even a tablet. Console emulation, on the other hand, doesn't use mouse/keyboard so a few on-screen controls allow to play.

Exactly, only feasible way i could see is having the emulator allow a joystick to move the mouse around allong with the mouse buttons but that still leaves the entirety of the keyboard buttons for those games that use them which would be too clunky on the tiny screen

The only pc games i could see working are those that have full controller support for every button and you could use either the bluetooth or virtual controller for that (basically only a select few games could be played)

VoidWalkerZ

Grim Reaper":1mk0iakp said:
VoidWalkerZ":1mk0iakp said:
I havent ran into a pc emulator for the phone yet...

i am sure u did... bluestacks is just 1 of them as most famous 1.

I meant an emulator that plays pc games that you use on the phone, ive heard of bluestacks but havnt used it.

I am taking some programming classes, one where we are programming with android studios, the other we are using a mix of machine code and c, and compiling it into an android emu called Qemu..