Can we resist curse of borken crown of tol?

sdfscvx

We can raise death resistans by
Rig of unlife 30
Greater ring of death ward 40
Death ward 36
Nivarian cloak 12
basic resistans 5

So we raise about 123
is this enough to perfectly resist
For curse?

brissenden

Translator
sdfscvx":3nyzpqze said:
Rig of unlife 30
Death ward 36
Nivarian cloak 12
basic resistans 5

So we raise about 123
For curse?
You need more than 175. Try the anointed shield and cuirass, or the tollassian set for better armor. Also, if you're playing cleric, you should have personality 5 or above, and that lets you replace some trash equipment with resistance with better armor.

Anyway, i was thinking of a build for clerics with the crown, just waiting for the update with cleric 2H dmg increase David promised.

terryberry

Loreseeker
You need 178 to take 0 damage.
I've tried the builds, and although it offers some interesting twists (Using intervention twice per recovery button, and immunity to death damage in general), the cons far outweigh the benefits.
Too much equipment and skillpoints are compromised in this process:
Death ward (3 skill points and an advanced skill slot)
Greater ring of death (Ring of unlife is a good choice, but this one? I wouldn't say. You're missing out on the Abbot ring here)
Shield of Life (Chitin shield offers the more desired stats: being spirit resistance. Clerics are the only class to not have access to stun immunity)
Nivarian cloak / Blessed Necklace (These would otherwise be substituted with the whopping +45 fire res and 1 endurance necklace, and either the +1 armor vorator cloak, or the +25 spirit resistance cloak)
Gauntlets / Pants / other equipment pieces, substituted to tolassian set (You could have blessed platemail, gauntlets of might, the 20mp gloves, Lionskin pants, many items with better stats than tolassian armor pieces)

All of this has to be let go, in order to gain 50 mp (worth 2 PER difference, at level 25) and 30 Spirit resistance (given extra 2 points of PER are invested, 26 spirit res). The rest of the equipment more than just covers for spirit resistance(not to mention other non-death resistances and armor rating), and yields similar amounts of mana.

So, in the end, you get to weigh between
Coolness, immunity to evokers & witches and a little bit more mana VS armor, resistances, skill points, and equipment freedom

The whole idea of keeping cursed artifacts turned me on, but sadly, it's simply too much to sacrifice, even to the sucker that I am.

TBH, i let go because the crown didnt show its glory on the character sprite.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Crown of Tol is designed to be CURSED and not part of an equipment outfit. There was a bug that allowed the Crown to be worn without the curse but that bug was fixed.
Also, if you keep the Crown of Tol, you can't complete the quest.

Tal - The ImorTal

sdfscvx":170eqgqz said:
Rig of unlife 30
Death ward 36
Nivarian cloak 12
basic resistans 5

So we raise about 123
For curse?

I have actually 190 death resistance and I use the Crown.
In my opinion, the Broken Crown of Tol is the most awesome item of the Exiled Kingdoms. That's why it's the only "God's wear". This item is the center of my character's build. Everything I did was to be able to use it.

Below you can check my actual equipment and other info:

Any doubts about it, just ask.

Duck123

Loreseeker
I find the crown + Amulet of Dark Whispers to make a really strong mage, and if you are a summoner I would say it is a great idea

Here is my build. I also maxed out the Loreseekers death ward skill