Drop Rate Discussion: Failure rate for rare item drops

Cuckoorex

I get that Tomes should be rare drops, but keep in mind that players who have been at this long enough to surpass lvl 20 find themselves with trait points they cannot use because their traits are all above 4. Leveling up should always be a cause for celebration, but when you need to level 2 or 3 times at higher levels to actually advance traits or skills, it becomes less fun. So I think once you reach level 20, especially since it takes so much more XP to level up, the character should get 4 trait and 3 skill points per level.
And maybe there should be a point past level 20 when really tough rumor bosses or quests become available, things that lower level characters wouldn't encounter, which might have a better drop rate for things like tomes?

Cuckoorex

So maybe there should be a point past level 20 when really tough rumor bosses or quests become available, things that lower level characters wouldn't encounter, which might have a better drop rate for things like tomes?

Cuckoorex

Plus, I think once a character passes level 20, new levels should give 4 trait and 3 skill points.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
There's also one other perspective:

Content of EK strives that can be completed at L20 (or a bit lower).

We also had hard cap at L25, which is now removed by popular demand.

Leveling past L20 is doable, but is pointless from content perspective.

Also, not to forget, gaining levels influences not only skill and trait points, but also how traits and/or skills function.

Cuckoorex

Alan_SP":3fukima9 said:
There's also one other perspective:

Content of EK strives that can be completed at L20 (or a bit lower).

We also had hard cap at L25, which is now removed by popular demand.

Leveling past L20 is doable, but is pointless from content perspective.

Also, not to forget, gaining levels influences not only skill and trait points, but also how traits and/or skills function.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm anticipating when David adds new content from time to time... and the possibility (hopefully) that if David makes a sequel that the character from EK 1 might be imported into a new game?

Gaining levels changes the trait and skills function? In what way?

VDX_360

Staff member
Some Skills have factors that are directly level dependent, such as Archery (damage bonus per levels) and some Skills have have factors that are indirectly dependent such as Two Handed Expert (which does damage based on Strength).

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Cuckoorex":cswlgh9q said:
Gaining levels changes the trait and skills function? In what way?

For each trait or skill you need to check in-game information or wiki.

Endurance as an example: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... =Endurance

Each point of END grants +1 hit point/level

That's why leveling adds some additional benefits, not just new trait and skill points. You become "better" character.