Player Weapon/Armor Ideas

Tikibane

Hey there guys! Tikibane here...

I thought a thread for armor or weapon ideas would be a wonderful idea and decided to start one in the hopes that maybe the developer would see some of the ideas and implement them. :D

When you put these together please use detail and creativity!

Names and Lore would be a wonderful addition to the weapons, maybe even a cute quip like you see in the game itself.

Things such as damage, speed and effects on the weapons would be a welcome bonus in the explanation...

Ex:
[cell] Greensteel Mace [/cell]
[row][cell] Damage [/cell][cell]9-11[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Speed [/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait/Effect [/cell][cell]Swift - effect trait that has a 25% chance to cause a double hit when attacking an enemy.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Made from a magical metal that makes the weapon unbelievabley fast![/cell][/row]

That example is my way of starting things off, so let's get this party rolling guys!
I'll enter all the data into tables and add you names and items onto this main post guys :D

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Weapons [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ricthum":7w3ofpgh said:
Sword name : Holy Diver (Legendary Tier)

Damage : 13-17 (2handed or 1 handed for 7-11)

Traits: Dragonslayer III , Beastslayer III, Holy III (2 damage per rank for both)

Class : Warrior ( or an upraged warrior with minumum lvl or str to wield)

Description: Legend says its from an another world.Used to killing dragons, mostly.

ENDGAME ITEM RIGHT THERE, RIP RJD.

Mi-Marmotte":7w3ofpgh said:
Here are a few weird ones:

The Wrong End
1H sword
Light
Damage -1 -2 (it damages yourself )

"No matter how hard you try, you can't hold that sword without hurting yourself one way or another"
" It is said that only people with two left hands can wield it properly..."

This one could be an item for a funny quest where a guy who really has two left hands ( or is the clumsiest Guy ever) ask you to teach him how to fight with a sword. But no matter what you try, you can't teach him anything without him hurting himself or breaking stuffs. The only way to succeed is to bring him this sword. But the thing is, nothing or no one in the game tells you about that sword ( except maybe for the Guy himself saying something vague after each failure, like ' if only i had a better\more appropriate sword' ), you have to find it by chance and do the math yourself. The reward could be a really good weapon that the guy had in his family and could never use, or a trait\skill book.

The Hazardous/Random/Impossible Bow (choose one)
Random shoot
Damages 15-15

"The string of this bow is so taut that when you finally muster enough strength to draw it, you can't aim at all"

Well all is said here. The strongest bow, but it shoots each time in a random direction...

The Poltergeist
Bow
possession
Damage 1-2

"It is said that this bow is possessed by the Soul of a necromancer from the Dark Age"

Targets hit by this bow will attack other mobs for a limited time. There can also be a restriction on level/race of the foe. (Works only on undead for instance)

I did say they were weird weapons. They also might be difficult/impossible to implement... But i had fun imagining them :D

Sir ShanksAlot":7w3ofpgh said:
Dope - Allow me.

Cracks magic weapons crafting knuckles

Writes some runes
πΣµΦΘδΩαφ≈⌐∩∞ß

Loading... Loading... Loading..

SUCCESS

Nivaria's Whip
Description: So this is how Nivaria kept the undead back!

Damage: 6-8, +3 Spirit
Speed: 12 Critical: 6%

Tikibane
Drascar the Troll Eater

-Long Sword
A Legendary blade fabled to have an unquenchable taste for troll flesh.

*Damage - 8-13 + 4 Fire
*Speed - 11
*Attributes - Troll-Slayer II & Vicious

Ethan185

[row][cell]Mace of Arbenos[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Damage[/cell][cell]9-11 +5 Fire[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Speed[/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Trait/Effect[/cell][cell]Holy III - Adds 1 point of damage per rank to undead[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Description[/cell][cell]The mighty mace of our lord Arbeno himself, A boon to the fight against the undead![/cell][/row]

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Armor [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ethan185
[cell] Crown Of Thelume [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Intelligence + 4[/cell][cell]Health + 20[/cell][cell]Armor +1[/cell][cell]Mana +60[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait [/cell][cell]Magical Sight[/cell][cell]100% Detectiong of secrets and doors[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Class Restriction [/cell][cell]Mage Only[/cell][/row]

Sharkyinthe UK
[cell] Blessed Plate Mail [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +3[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Helm [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Legs [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor+3[/cell][cell]Health +5[/cell][cell]Mana+4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Boots [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Holy armor worn by the most trusted and powerful paladins of The Three[/cell][cell] Restrictions [/cell][cell]Strength of 2 Required Cleric Only[/cell][/row]

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
Glass Cannon":3so4hfjh said:
Why do we all need more and more gear everytime a new update arrives...... introduce upgrade or combine imbeu.... to make the current gear better for a good amount of cash + items you need to retrieve to get the upgrade requierments....

If you introduce this... you almost never have to come with new gear...

I mean it as weapon with slightly higher damage, but only useful against one enemy (negates skills against multiple targets). The proposition of the damage was overated.
I've already aquired every possible item and found my build. I do not need a new items.
Man, this is only idea, take it or leave it :lol:

0rion79

I'd personally a greater variety of special effects such as:

Non-weapon equipment:
Regeneration / fast healing
Speed
Reflection (usually shields or armors: reflects magic damage back to the spellcaster)
Mirror image / blur (usually armors or mantles: monsters have a small chance to totally miss the wielder)

Weapons:
Mana drain (turns a small amount of damage dealt into mana for the wielder)
Life drain (heals the wielder of a small amount of damage dealt, ideally associated to weapons with "death" damage)
Dragon Slayer
Outsider slayer
Insects slayer
Blind: hit opponents have a high chance to totally miss any target for few seconds
Slowdown: hit opponents strongly decrease their attack speed, dealing less DPS

About single weapons:

- True Justice: 9-11, silver, +6 fire damage, holy III, critical 7, speed 12, Dragonslayer, outsider-slayer. Ultimate weapon per sword & shield characters. Warrior only.
- Greatsword of Storm: every time it strikes a foe, a strong blast of electricity shocks the victim, dealing +7 extra damage and provides a high chance to blind and stun the victim, slowing down its attacks too. Yep, sort of game-ending weapon.

Vaaclav

Translator
You are right, Glass Cannon, that new update does not need to bring new equipment - but on other hand, when you have update with new town, you would await it.

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Vaaclav":12o2nnpt said:
You are right, Glass Cannon, that new update does not need to bring new equipment - but on other hand, when you have update with new town, you would await it.

Well with new updates you have always new stuff but everyone exspecting compleet new gear and better items after every release..... once you have a limit to the game play because it will overpower the player to play the game.... this game is full of stategy and switching items to get the right build for that specific boss or fight.... the fun of this game is calibrated your character to gain stronger without the gear... but by skills and levels.... i like it how it is now.... in my opinion there is already to much gear and hell no because i have a shitload of cash that i can buy it instead of finding it ajd that is 1 thing that must never happen..... so just make the game a bit harder and come with upgrades, imbue, or gem insertions.

Vaaclav

Translator
If is something what I am looking for, it is crafting.

Hard to say how it will be implemented, but this would bring (even if very limited) what is asked by some players - mostly unique items (armors/weapons) that are stronger than all other similar ones.

But my reason is increasing of traits and adding of special bonuses of my own will. Of course that still it probably will not fully accord my wishes, but something is better than nothing.

Marlah

Translator
I think holy silver weapons will be good. Or mythical weapons like this
Durandal
2 handed holy III silver
8-18 +5 spirit damage speed 10 critical %5
Description - Legendary sword said can cut everything in true hands...
Demonic Sword Gram
2handed beastslayer III
5-19 +5 fire damage
Or something eastlike with descriptions like melee weapon from far east island country
No-dachi
Two handed stun I
12-16 damage speed 8 critical %6
Wakizashi
Light stunII
3-9 damage speed 12. Critical %7
Katana
4-11 damage speed10 critical %6
U can add enchants anyway

Cuckoorex

Some better holy armor for Clerics; they currently don't have any really great weapons, and when you're using Hirge as your companion the lack of advanced skills means her DPS and armor is pretty low. Gotta make her tougher somehow, and it seems to me that Cleric overall seems underpowered throughout the game. So yeah, some better Cleric-specific armor and weapons would be nice.

GenerousWolf

Translator
Does the cleric have any decent maces for battling orcs? I have a support cleric with a rational phobia of orcs. She can grind tombs all day but, I don't think there has been a single orc war party she hasn't had to flee or fall to. If not this is my idea. I'll leave the Stats up to someone with more experience but here is the lore.

Urgnox's Femur

Cleric Isolde a champion of the three. Long ago she was captured by a orc raiding party. Thier fearsome warlord Urgnox took her as his greatest trophy. Keeping her in a cage, he became her tormentor and self proclaimed Master. Taking her with him as he murderd and pillaged across the land. He enjoyed nothing more than her despair. One day Isolde found herself in a familiar land. It was her home. A fear and dread filled her, greater than any she had felt before. Her younger sister was here. Urgnox's orc war party left to pillage ahead. She had to stop them. Urgnox approached her cage and, she was ready for him. She snatched his leg pulling it into her cage. She screamed as her rage lit a holy fire around her. Burning away Urgnox and her cage. She was free. Armed with nothing more than urgnox's charred black Femur, she pursued his war party but, She was too late. Her town burnt as brightly as she did. The orc war party saw her and descended upon her. The beating of the bone against orc flesh and sinew echoed out through the night like a mighty drum. She slayed them all. She found her sisters body among the rubble of her home. Isolde carried her sisters remains to a hidden place where she laid her to rest. Finishing her task, Isolde finally succumbed to her wounds. There she still lays above her sisters grave, encircled in a wreath of flames, still clutching that charred black bone.

0rion79

Sorry but I disagree: the cleric must be differently proficient than the warrior.

The Iron Golem's fist and the Paladin's Longswords are among the strongest weapons in the game due to the impressive elemental damage.