[FIXED] Aspect Ratio screen bug

marcelofg55

Hi, I just got a new smartphone for testing, a Moto G, game looks awesome now :) (had a Motorola XT915 before).
But the screen has a black part on the top, that I think is because of the aspect ratio, but if so image should be adapted on the middle of the screen, so there will be a little black part on the top and on the bottom.
Here's a screenshot:

Thanks,
Marcelo

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Aspect Ratio screen bug

First of all, congrats on the hardware upgrade!

Yes, I definitely want to change that, the viewport must be centered. Can you please tell me the screen resolution? There's several different devices called Moto G or similar...

marcelofg55

Thanks, the Moto G works really great! :)

It's resolution is 1280x720, it's the standard 720p resolution (aspect ratio 16:9).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Well, that's extremely weird. My resolution is 1280 x720 too, and that's my base testing resolution on the PC while I am working... there's not supposed to be any black areas in perfect 16:9 resolutions!

Well, I'll look into it, and I can easily enough reproduce the problem in 640x480, for instance. But I hate paranormal stuff like this. :roll:

marcelofg55

I think I may have figured out the actual problem, check again my screenshot and you will see that the right part of the screen has the android buttons and the game is not using that part, so the game is not using the full 720 pixels but only using around 670 pixels.
Maybe the in-game should set a full screen mode?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

marcelofg55":1gpn34pa said:
I think I may have figured out the actual problem, check again my screenshot and you will see that the right part of the screen has the android buttons and the game is not using that part, so the game is not using the full 720 pixels but only using around 670 pixels.
Maybe the in-game should set a full screen mode?

nope... when I play on my Nexus I also see the icons, and I don't have any black bar.

Anyways... I'll make sure it's centered, I hope in the next build (couldn't make it in 0.4.718). thanks for reporting, as always :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Should be fixed in .719, tonight.