Player Weapon/Armor Ideas

Tikibane

Hey there guys! Tikibane here...

I thought a thread for armor or weapon ideas would be a wonderful idea and decided to start one in the hopes that maybe the developer would see some of the ideas and implement them. :D

When you put these together please use detail and creativity!

Names and Lore would be a wonderful addition to the weapons, maybe even a cute quip like you see in the game itself.

Things such as damage, speed and effects on the weapons would be a welcome bonus in the explanation...

Ex:
[cell] Greensteel Mace [/cell]
[row][cell] Damage [/cell][cell]9-11[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Speed [/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait/Effect [/cell][cell]Swift - effect trait that has a 25% chance to cause a double hit when attacking an enemy.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Made from a magical metal that makes the weapon unbelievabley fast![/cell][/row]

That example is my way of starting things off, so let's get this party rolling guys!
I'll enter all the data into tables and add you names and items onto this main post guys :D

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Weapons [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ricthum":7w3ofpgh said:
Sword name : Holy Diver (Legendary Tier)

Damage : 13-17 (2handed or 1 handed for 7-11)

Traits: Dragonslayer III , Beastslayer III, Holy III (2 damage per rank for both)

Class : Warrior ( or an upraged warrior with minumum lvl or str to wield)

Description: Legend says its from an another world.Used to killing dragons, mostly.

ENDGAME ITEM RIGHT THERE, RIP RJD.

Mi-Marmotte":7w3ofpgh said:
Here are a few weird ones:

The Wrong End
1H sword
Light
Damage -1 -2 (it damages yourself )

"No matter how hard you try, you can't hold that sword without hurting yourself one way or another"
" It is said that only people with two left hands can wield it properly..."

This one could be an item for a funny quest where a guy who really has two left hands ( or is the clumsiest Guy ever) ask you to teach him how to fight with a sword. But no matter what you try, you can't teach him anything without him hurting himself or breaking stuffs. The only way to succeed is to bring him this sword. But the thing is, nothing or no one in the game tells you about that sword ( except maybe for the Guy himself saying something vague after each failure, like ' if only i had a better\more appropriate sword' ), you have to find it by chance and do the math yourself. The reward could be a really good weapon that the guy had in his family and could never use, or a trait\skill book.

The Hazardous/Random/Impossible Bow (choose one)
Random shoot
Damages 15-15

"The string of this bow is so taut that when you finally muster enough strength to draw it, you can't aim at all"

Well all is said here. The strongest bow, but it shoots each time in a random direction...

The Poltergeist
Bow
possession
Damage 1-2

"It is said that this bow is possessed by the Soul of a necromancer from the Dark Age"

Targets hit by this bow will attack other mobs for a limited time. There can also be a restriction on level/race of the foe. (Works only on undead for instance)

I did say they were weird weapons. They also might be difficult/impossible to implement... But i had fun imagining them :D

Sir ShanksAlot":7w3ofpgh said:
Dope - Allow me.

Cracks magic weapons crafting knuckles

Writes some runes
πΣµΦΘδΩαφ≈⌐∩∞ß

Loading... Loading... Loading..

SUCCESS

Nivaria's Whip
Description: So this is how Nivaria kept the undead back!

Damage: 6-8, +3 Spirit
Speed: 12 Critical: 6%

Tikibane
Drascar the Troll Eater

-Long Sword
A Legendary blade fabled to have an unquenchable taste for troll flesh.

*Damage - 8-13 + 4 Fire
*Speed - 11
*Attributes - Troll-Slayer II & Vicious

Ethan185

[row][cell]Mace of Arbenos[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Damage[/cell][cell]9-11 +5 Fire[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Speed[/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Trait/Effect[/cell][cell]Holy III - Adds 1 point of damage per rank to undead[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Description[/cell][cell]The mighty mace of our lord Arbeno himself, A boon to the fight against the undead![/cell][/row]

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Armor [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ethan185
[cell] Crown Of Thelume [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Intelligence + 4[/cell][cell]Health + 20[/cell][cell]Armor +1[/cell][cell]Mana +60[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait [/cell][cell]Magical Sight[/cell][cell]100% Detectiong of secrets and doors[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Class Restriction [/cell][cell]Mage Only[/cell][/row]

Sharkyinthe UK
[cell] Blessed Plate Mail [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +3[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Helm [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Legs [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor+3[/cell][cell]Health +5[/cell][cell]Mana+4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Boots [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Holy armor worn by the most trusted and powerful paladins of The Three[/cell][cell] Restrictions [/cell][cell]Strength of 2 Required Cleric Only[/cell][/row]

Giasumaru

Phoenix Shield
Class: Warrior, Rogue, Cleric
Shield, Charge: Fiery
It's said that a Phoenix was sealed in this shield a long time ago.
Armor:2 FireRes:15

Charge: Fiery - Increase Charge damage by +20% per meter. After 5m, Charge also deals 5 fire damage per rank.

Cloak of Sadness
Class: Rogue
Stealth: Deliberate
Crafted by an elder mage from many liters of tears. Salty, salty tears.
FireRes: -20 DeathRes: -20

Stealth: Deliberate - Stealth also reduces your attack speed by 50% and increases your damage by 350% for your attack during Stealth and 5 seconds afterward.

Rob da Great

-Thelume's third eye- (Amulet) [+2 Intelligence/+2 Wisdom/+20 mana/20 spirt/shock resistance] -Arbenos Heart of Doom- (Armor) [+6 Armor/+2 Strength/+20 Health/20 Fire/Death resistance]. -Nivaria's Hand of Mercy- (Glove) [+4 Armor/+2 Personality/+10 Health/+10 Mama/Gossip3/20 toxic/ice resistance]
-Excalibur- (Longsword) [min10/max15/Ws10/Crit 10%/+6 Spirit/Holy3]
-Morning Star- (Mace) [min9/max13/Ws9/Crit 7%/+6 Fire]
-Megingjord- (Belt) [+3 Strength/+2 Endurance/+4 Armor/+18 Health]

ClockworkGhost

Giasumaru":2futfppd said:
Cloak of Sadness

Stealth: Deliberate - Stealth reduces your attack speed by 200% and increases your damage by 400% for your attack during Stealth and 5 seconds afterward.

Decreasing attack speed by 200% isn't possible. Do you mean by half? Or 20?

Sounkeng

Jester's Dagger
usable by all
speed 20
crit 0%
damage 1-1

Cat's Paw (dagger)
Rouges only
damage 3-8
speed 13
Critical 20%
*Backstab

*When Flanking an enemy, deal 100% damage and stun for 1 second**
**Stacks with Sneak attack

Giasumaru

ClockworkGhost":1fdwhv33 said:
Giasumaru":1fdwhv33 said:
Cloak of Sadness

Stealth: Deliberate - Stealth reduces your attack speed by 200% and increases your damage by 400% for your attack during Stealth and 5 seconds afterward.

Decreasing attack speed by 200% isn't possible. Do you mean by half? Or 20?

:facepalm: Ah, you are right. It's by a half.

chiberia

Mask of Shame
Rogues only (?)
-2 per
+1 end
+3 shield
+6 health
+20 toxic resist
+20 spirit

I can't think of a description yet, but the idea is the following:
It was forged to punish a person who was once a great hero of the old empire who was trusted and loved but betrayed their crown and blood, selling out their kingdom. The mask was cursed with the words of being spared of death's forgiveness, so this person was forced to face the doom and pain brought by their sins. I felt like this should be someone whose cowardness or foolishness was crucial to the fall of the old empire, so it is carried with deep regret.

Also, I have thought of different setup of resistences, trait costs and bonuses (and even if it should be rogue's only), but I guess this is (so far) the most coherent I could think of. I wanted it to have the feels of something really strong but with high cost. So, yes, I guess I'm asking for opinions about it. (and I might be thinking way too much like the story behind The Sonnet's quest, but I don't know- in my mind it is an item to be found with a shard of fate, something hard to achieve)

Orsk

Just some general ideas for weapons from my gaming experience.

Proc chance or abilities for the weapon to have an effect on you or on the enemy. Proc chance can be based on your chars agility or just have a % chance to happen.

Effects like an armor buff like the potions of shielding or resists
Other effects: lifesteal, area effect dmg, single target damage.

Example Earthshaker dmg 10-25 speed: 5 effect: earthquake: 50 dmg to all enemies in 5m radius of character.

I think I'd really like to see some sort of regeneration or lifesteal effect on a weapon due to the strict use of rest heals needing to be out of combat basically. Not to take place of potions by any means but to kind of soften the need of them so fully during extended combat.

Armor ideas:

A breastplate or some piece of armor with a small tick regeneration or a worn effect like that OR a damage shield. Both of these at a very small amount like 5 highpoints or something of that nature.

Weapons and armor graphics

Some variation similar to the shield's I have seen it would be awesome if some of the weapons had some appearance like the thumbnails along with HOW they are used instead of the general same swing graphic for everything. Actually using two hands for two hand weps , poking instead of swinging daggers etc.

I'm not developer just some ideas I feel would be fun to have as I have played

Sounkeng

Orsk":g6ds1mov said:
Proc chance or abilities for the weapon to have an effect on you or on the enemy. Proc chance can be based on your chars agility or just have a % chance to happen.

The devourer sting for rogues has a proc chance to paralyze which is nice... Although it is a watered down version compared to the devourers because the paralysis only lasts a couple seconds and only has like a 6% chance of procing. Regardless it is a very cool weapon and is what my rogue uses when he goes dragon slaying.

ArrowsFTW

Sounkeng":2rm8hfxl said:
Orsk":2rm8hfxl said:

The devourer sting for rogues has a proc chance to paralyze which is nice... Although it is a watered down version compared to the devourers because the paralysis only lasts a couple seconds and only has like a 3% chance of procing. Regardless it is a very cool weapon and is what my rogue uses when he goes dragon slaying.
Personality should raise proc chances. I really like the Devourer sting but the percentage to activate is just too low even if you have flurry on. Precision Strike could also increase the proc to activate paralyze