Player item and equipment ideas

Dimidium

Ring Of Wealth:

Could or even should an item exist that increases your odds at the drop tables? I like it as a mid level item idea. Ring of Wealth? That'd be pretty cool. A few % more gp perhaps.

Dimidium

Giasumaru":3ic7ntwl said:
[Slotted Belt] - Increases inventory slots by 1, restricted to potions.
There are small slots along the belt meant for storing potions.

[Greater Slotted Belt] - Increases inventory slots by 2, restricted to potions.
There are many slots along the belt meant for storing potions.

[Pouched Belt] - Increases inventory slots by 3, restricted to 2 types of potions and 1 type of scroll.
Fashionable and functional. Don't leave your house without it.

[Arms Belt] - Increases inventory slots by 3, restricted to weapons only.
Swords? Maces? Axes? Oh my!

[Lesser Cloak of Stealth] - Cast level I Stealth when you see an enemy.
Over 50 low grade rat pelts were used to make this item. There are holes everywhere, but it'll work.

The idea of inventory slots is good, and I think to be addressed some time. The Belts seem like a programming nightmare to code :D

I also like the idea of new and different belts. Not just +Attribute +Armor stuff we have now. The current ones are good, but there's only a few to choose from.

Dimidium

I have a few ideas based on classic RPG items.

Ring of Invisibility:
On Equip: Invisibility Same as Potion Effect - 1 Charge / Day

Ring Of Resistance:
Resist All +10

and finally a two BOOKS for the shield slot

The Tome of Magic:
+1 Int +1 Per +10 Mana -1 Armor

The Tome of the Three:
+1 Per +10 Spirit Resist +10 Death Resist -1 Armor

Sounkeng

Cloak of Shadows
Rogues only
Reduces Stealth cooldown to 15 seconds and decreases detection

Dimidium

Sounkeng":2m74u2xz said:
Cloak of Shadows
Rogues only

I really like that idea, its not overpowered and is very suited to the Rogue class.

Giasumaru

Herbal Essence
An infusion of various herbs, just a waft of its scent refreshes the mind and body. Very minty.
Recovery: Second Wind

While this is in your quick slot, recovery works during combat at half its efficiency.

Dimidium

Giasumaru":2yin7pbz said:
Herbal Essence
An infusion of various herbs, just a waft of its scent refreshes the mind and body. Very minty.
Recovery: Second Wind

While this is in your quick slot, recovery works during combat at half its efficiency.

I like the idea of an item that is the same as the power Recovery! We have an item that is super close to a 1/2 efficiency Recovery already, they take three golden apples to make.

chiberia

Dimidium":k9i7way2 said:
Sounkeng":k9i7way2 said:
Cloak of Shadows
Rogues only

I really like that idea, its not overpowered and is very suited to the Rogue class.
This is something that I actually miss.
Despite those traitor armor being quite interesting, I think one of the most characteristic features of a rogue is the cloak.

This idea of Cloak of Shadows is great, and I think there should be more than on cloak that is rogue only.

I thought on the possibility of rising chances of flanking, but that doesn't make much sense for a cloak, so, instead, I thought one that raises chances of dodging (+10% or +15%? maybe 20 as a latter game drop).

I'd call it Umbral Cloak, though the meaning might be too close from shadow. I can go all the way with names... Cloak of Illusion, Mantle of the Deceived?

Don Desini

Loreseeker
Swindler's Ring
Class:All
Int1, Per2 required

Luck1, Negotiate2
Stylish old imperial ring with a mystical looking stone.
Grants a+/- 15% bonus when selling (+)and buying (-) while equipped.

Interesting twist with this is that there could be travelling alchemists,armorers,as well as shady travellers that could have one of these rings equipped. You might find a super rare item in their inventory for sale (think rumor boss loot table)but it costs more than it would from a standard storefront merchant. Sort of a counterweight to your new found good fortune.

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
I wonder if there could be item like potion of dexterity/strenght or or scroll of ancient wisdom, they add already defined attribute point. They will be very rare and nearly impossible to find (under roots, inside cracked wall, under stone). These items could be found only once.

I imagine, if there could be way to loot tables and small boxes and some other furnitures, they could turn as deadly traps (poison, acids, flying dart, ...) - sometimes high atributes (awarness, agility) gibe you small chance to survive. :) :)

hamiltd3

LLama's Ring of Random attributes:
When worn, this ring randomly increases/decreases defense/attack ability for x seconds. It may increase armor by 5 temporarily or decrease it, may make you kick like a llama (damage +5/10) or may just increase/decrease resistances. Suddenly you have +30 extra poison resistance.

This ring could have different levels, where the effects last longer and greatly strengthen or weaken you. Taking off the ring during battle doesn't remove the effects, you're stuck with it until the timer expires.