Player Weapon/Armor Ideas

Tikibane

Hey there guys! Tikibane here...

I thought a thread for armor or weapon ideas would be a wonderful idea and decided to start one in the hopes that maybe the developer would see some of the ideas and implement them. :D

When you put these together please use detail and creativity!

Names and Lore would be a wonderful addition to the weapons, maybe even a cute quip like you see in the game itself.

Things such as damage, speed and effects on the weapons would be a welcome bonus in the explanation...

Ex:
[cell] Greensteel Mace [/cell]
[row][cell] Damage [/cell][cell]9-11[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Speed [/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait/Effect [/cell][cell]Swift - effect trait that has a 25% chance to cause a double hit when attacking an enemy.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Made from a magical metal that makes the weapon unbelievabley fast![/cell][/row]

That example is my way of starting things off, so let's get this party rolling guys!
I'll enter all the data into tables and add you names and items onto this main post guys :D

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Weapons [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ricthum":7w3ofpgh said:
Sword name : Holy Diver (Legendary Tier)

Damage : 13-17 (2handed or 1 handed for 7-11)

Traits: Dragonslayer III , Beastslayer III, Holy III (2 damage per rank for both)

Class : Warrior ( or an upraged warrior with minumum lvl or str to wield)

Description: Legend says its from an another world.Used to killing dragons, mostly.

ENDGAME ITEM RIGHT THERE, RIP RJD.

Mi-Marmotte":7w3ofpgh said:
Here are a few weird ones:

The Wrong End
1H sword
Light
Damage -1 -2 (it damages yourself )

"No matter how hard you try, you can't hold that sword without hurting yourself one way or another"
" It is said that only people with two left hands can wield it properly..."

This one could be an item for a funny quest where a guy who really has two left hands ( or is the clumsiest Guy ever) ask you to teach him how to fight with a sword. But no matter what you try, you can't teach him anything without him hurting himself or breaking stuffs. The only way to succeed is to bring him this sword. But the thing is, nothing or no one in the game tells you about that sword ( except maybe for the Guy himself saying something vague after each failure, like ' if only i had a better\more appropriate sword' ), you have to find it by chance and do the math yourself. The reward could be a really good weapon that the guy had in his family and could never use, or a trait\skill book.

The Hazardous/Random/Impossible Bow (choose one)
Random shoot
Damages 15-15

"The string of this bow is so taut that when you finally muster enough strength to draw it, you can't aim at all"

Well all is said here. The strongest bow, but it shoots each time in a random direction...

The Poltergeist
Bow
possession
Damage 1-2

"It is said that this bow is possessed by the Soul of a necromancer from the Dark Age"

Targets hit by this bow will attack other mobs for a limited time. There can also be a restriction on level/race of the foe. (Works only on undead for instance)

I did say they were weird weapons. They also might be difficult/impossible to implement... But i had fun imagining them :D

Sir ShanksAlot":7w3ofpgh said:
Dope - Allow me.

Cracks magic weapons crafting knuckles

Writes some runes
πΣµΦΘδΩαφ≈⌐∩∞ß

Loading... Loading... Loading..

SUCCESS

Nivaria's Whip
Description: So this is how Nivaria kept the undead back!

Damage: 6-8, +3 Spirit
Speed: 12 Critical: 6%

Tikibane
Drascar the Troll Eater

-Long Sword
A Legendary blade fabled to have an unquenchable taste for troll flesh.

*Damage - 8-13 + 4 Fire
*Speed - 11
*Attributes - Troll-Slayer II & Vicious

Ethan185

[row][cell]Mace of Arbenos[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Damage[/cell][cell]9-11 +5 Fire[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Speed[/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Trait/Effect[/cell][cell]Holy III - Adds 1 point of damage per rank to undead[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Description[/cell][cell]The mighty mace of our lord Arbeno himself, A boon to the fight against the undead![/cell][/row]

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Armor [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ethan185
[cell] Crown Of Thelume [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Intelligence + 4[/cell][cell]Health + 20[/cell][cell]Armor +1[/cell][cell]Mana +60[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait [/cell][cell]Magical Sight[/cell][cell]100% Detectiong of secrets and doors[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Class Restriction [/cell][cell]Mage Only[/cell][/row]

Sharkyinthe UK
[cell] Blessed Plate Mail [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +3[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Helm [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Legs [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor+3[/cell][cell]Health +5[/cell][cell]Mana+4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Boots [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Holy armor worn by the most trusted and powerful paladins of The Three[/cell][cell] Restrictions [/cell][cell]Strength of 2 Required Cleric Only[/cell][/row]

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Giasumaru":2nyu1gkc said:
I still haven't gotten to Jester Bow yet and I'm having a terrible time grasping weapon Speed (I'm trying to figure out if I can convert this to APS)

Speed 10 = 1 attack per second
speed 20 = 2 attacks per second
etc. etc.

Giasumaru

Thanks, that clears everything up.

Fester Womb
Class - Warrior, Cleric
Unholy I, Holy II
Although tarnished by the dark rites, a sliver of its former glory shines through.
Damage: 6-8
Speed: 9 Crit: 4%
[Unholy] - 6%/Rank chance of turning enemies into undead on attack.

Find this mace to open a quest. Reward: Huge reputation gain with The Three. A nice armor piece. Quest line A. [or] Lose all reputation with The Three, keep this mace. Quest line B. (Can't interact with shrines, priests, Hirge as well as fail all unfinished quests pertaining to The Three.)

[A] Ultimately the evil in the mace is dispelled, and you get a nice holy mace. [Unholy I>0 Holy II>III>IV +Fire Damage]
Ultimately the unholiness of the mace is increased. [Unholy I>>II>>III, Holy II]

ClockworkGhost

GRUNTER - two handed tree branch
Class: Warrior (INT 0 only)
Damage: 4-14 +2 Spirit
Speed: 9
Crit: 10%

A long tree branch, recently cut. One end is wrapped in leather, the other in barbed wire.

ifoolb

I wish Justice be strengthened a little, at least more effective against undead than righteousness.

ClockworkGhost

SOUL REAVER - longsword
Class: Cleric
Damage: 4-8 +2 Spirit
Fear (successful critical also causes enemy to flee for five seconds - enemy moves away from player)
Speed: 10
Critical: 8%

An ancient obsidian bladed longsword, covered in eldritch runes and symbols.

ClockworkGhost

'Mr HAPPY' - Mace (light)
Class: Cleric or Warrior
Damage: (as per the Warrior skill 'Duel', starting at 3-8)
Speed: 10
Critical: 7%

The central pole of a iron puppets body, the puppets distorted head leering from the top.

ClockworkGhost

CLOCKWORK BOW - Crossbow 1H (can be used with a shield)
Class: Warrior or Rogue
Damage: 2-8 +2 random elemental damage
Speed: 5
Critical: 10%

An arcane crossbow with a large drum of assorted bolts attached to it. Each shot makes the drum click and whirr.

Giasumaru

Conversion - All damage you deal is converted to this element.

Flare - Maul >>> convert by quest >>> Flare Rod (C:C,M)
Class: Warrior, Cleric
Conversion, 2-Handed
A hammer of fire given density and form. One who wields it flares like an elemental of the forge.
Damage 0-0 Fire 13
Speed: 9 Crit: 0%

Fervor Rod - Staff
Class: Cleric, Mage
Conversion
A rod of lightning, furious but cool to touch. The wielder gains the fervor of a spirit of tempest.
Damage 0-0 Shock 2
Speed: 16 Crit: 0%

Frigid - Dagger >>> convert by quest >>> Frigid Rod (C:C,M)
Class: Rogue, Cleric
Conversion, Light
A fog floats over the hilt, both formed and formless. By wielding it, you become as frigid as a frost fairy.
Damage 0-0 Ice 7
Speed: 11 Crit: 0%

Not sure if broken.

Cyla2009

Lets all play the lottery and the winner can donate the money to finishing the creation of this game and many expansions!

Rumpole

Having a weapon with a life-stealing property could be nice. Would probably be most useful to rogues - a fighter can usually take a lot of damage, a cleric can heal, but rogues remain pretty vulnerable, especially at low-mid levels. Just off the top of my head, I would suggest something very similar to "deathclaw":

Soul Drinker

class: rogue
Sucks the life out of your enemies (yes, I mean that literally)
damage: 3-7, +2 death
speed: 11 crit: 7%
(each strike heals 2 points of the wielder's health)