Version 0.9 completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
After 5 months of development (and testing! ;)) 0.9 is out!

The game has become considerably larger with 28 new areas and 18 new quests. As it stands, it takes around 70-80 hours to complete all the available content and that doesn't include grinding.

But at the same time, it has also gained in depth. The number of Advanced Skills was doubled, new mechanics were included, as well as the respawnable bosses. And the game lore has gained considerable detail. Areas like New Anthur allow the player to learn about the history of the Kingdoms, and while the main quest still holds many questions, its conclusion appears to be at hand.

Another important milestone in development was releasing the game in the iOS store. I am so happy that it's going so well! It's great to know that so much effort put into the game can now reach many more millions of potential players.

Below is a summary of what was added. You can see the full changes at the changelog.

--------------------------------------------------------------

New Content: 10 outdoor sectors added, a total of 28 maps. This is twice the projected size. Shards of Fate is now completable, too.

New Advanced Skills: New guild trainers in Freetown and other places, doubling the available skills.

Dynamic events: Gossiping might tell you about rumors of a dragon or other monsters. Such events will pop at random and only be there for a limited time, so keep your ears open and travel fast!

New items with new mechanics: Many new kinds of scrolls, off-hand weapons, and more.

iOS release: Game released on Apple App Store.

UI improvements: Little things to make the player's life easier; from sliders to buy/sell stacks, to quick vault switch, and others.

Cloud saving: You can save the game via Google Play, so you can easily restore it on another device.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Version 0.9 - List of features in development

Small update on progress.

The next update will feature 6 (or maybe more) new areas including a town, several new monsters, about a dozen new items, and some of those items will be very popular. But also, of course new quests, including the most complex-scripted quest so far in the game.

The content will mostly target the "gap" around level 8-12, but there will be also content for level 15+ characters.

Even if some of the items will have new powers, there will be no big changes on the engine on this one, i.e, no new skills yet, and the spawned bosses system won't be added either. I need to create the new geography first.

As you see, it is similar to the update in which Freetown, bluerock, etc was added, only bigger.

It's all going well, working nonstop. I hope it can be out in a week, but no promises.

Until then, expect to see very little of me (I still read the support forum)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Update is advancing well, but as usual I went long-winded and added more stuff than planned. Still will need a few days before the testing update is out.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

It is complete, for the next 5-6 hours I'll be testing everything and doing a few minor adjustments/bugfixes. Expect the test update to be uploaded at euro-night.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

updated with more details about the planned features after 0.9

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Updated with the new things in 0.8.953.

iOS release is ready and being reviewed by Apple. Should be out in a matter of days if all goes well.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Exiled Kingdoms is available on the App Store!

Requirements are, iOS 8.1 or better, iPhone 5S or better, iPad from 2013 or later.

Now the focus is back into making the game bigger and better :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

A small progress update for 0.8.954. The "random bosses" system is in place and working fine. I am creating new items so they have adequate loot. Bosses start spawning randomly at certain locations starting at player level 11. You'll never again run out of dragons, but you might need some good gossip if you want to find them. On the other hand, you might just stumble into a dragon the next time you explore a cave...

New areas: at least 6 of them. I want to add 2 new outdoor sectors, but one of them is still not 100% confirmed.

There'll be new skills for all guilds, and even from outside guilds.

I want to include some UI improvements as well, but that'll be decided when everything else is done.

Estimated release *for testers* is the last week of October. If you want to be a tester on android, or you were part of the group but you no longer show up as tester, don't worry. I'll open up more positions for testers before the update is out.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

A few random screenshots from stuff in next update.

Attachments

• advanced.jpg
    advanced.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 17,376
  • stacks.jpg
    stacks.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 17,375
  • vaults.jpg
    vaults.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 17,375

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

With 0.8.963 released, the main focus now will be the main quest. After a couple days of relax, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.