Player Weapon/Armor Ideas

Tikibane

Hey there guys! Tikibane here...

I thought a thread for armor or weapon ideas would be a wonderful idea and decided to start one in the hopes that maybe the developer would see some of the ideas and implement them. :D

When you put these together please use detail and creativity!

Names and Lore would be a wonderful addition to the weapons, maybe even a cute quip like you see in the game itself.

Things such as damage, speed and effects on the weapons would be a welcome bonus in the explanation...

Ex:
[cell] Greensteel Mace [/cell]
[row][cell] Damage [/cell][cell]9-11[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Speed [/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait/Effect [/cell][cell]Swift - effect trait that has a 25% chance to cause a double hit when attacking an enemy.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Made from a magical metal that makes the weapon unbelievabley fast![/cell][/row]

That example is my way of starting things off, so let's get this party rolling guys!
I'll enter all the data into tables and add you names and items onto this main post guys :D

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Weapons [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ricthum":7w3ofpgh said:
Sword name : Holy Diver (Legendary Tier)

Damage : 13-17 (2handed or 1 handed for 7-11)

Traits: Dragonslayer III , Beastslayer III, Holy III (2 damage per rank for both)

Class : Warrior ( or an upraged warrior with minumum lvl or str to wield)

Description: Legend says its from an another world.Used to killing dragons, mostly.

ENDGAME ITEM RIGHT THERE, RIP RJD.

Mi-Marmotte":7w3ofpgh said:
Here are a few weird ones:

The Wrong End
1H sword
Light
Damage -1 -2 (it damages yourself )

"No matter how hard you try, you can't hold that sword without hurting yourself one way or another"
" It is said that only people with two left hands can wield it properly..."

This one could be an item for a funny quest where a guy who really has two left hands ( or is the clumsiest Guy ever) ask you to teach him how to fight with a sword. But no matter what you try, you can't teach him anything without him hurting himself or breaking stuffs. The only way to succeed is to bring him this sword. But the thing is, nothing or no one in the game tells you about that sword ( except maybe for the Guy himself saying something vague after each failure, like ' if only i had a better\more appropriate sword' ), you have to find it by chance and do the math yourself. The reward could be a really good weapon that the guy had in his family and could never use, or a trait\skill book.

The Hazardous/Random/Impossible Bow (choose one)
Random shoot
Damages 15-15

"The string of this bow is so taut that when you finally muster enough strength to draw it, you can't aim at all"

Well all is said here. The strongest bow, but it shoots each time in a random direction...

The Poltergeist
Bow
possession
Damage 1-2

"It is said that this bow is possessed by the Soul of a necromancer from the Dark Age"

Targets hit by this bow will attack other mobs for a limited time. There can also be a restriction on level/race of the foe. (Works only on undead for instance)

I did say they were weird weapons. They also might be difficult/impossible to implement... But i had fun imagining them :D

Sir ShanksAlot":7w3ofpgh said:
Dope - Allow me.

Cracks magic weapons crafting knuckles

Writes some runes
πΣµΦΘδΩαφ≈⌐∩∞ß

Loading... Loading... Loading..

SUCCESS

Nivaria's Whip
Description: So this is how Nivaria kept the undead back!

Damage: 6-8, +3 Spirit
Speed: 12 Critical: 6%

Tikibane
Drascar the Troll Eater

-Long Sword
A Legendary blade fabled to have an unquenchable taste for troll flesh.

*Damage - 8-13 + 4 Fire
*Speed - 11
*Attributes - Troll-Slayer II & Vicious

Ethan185

[row][cell]Mace of Arbenos[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Damage[/cell][cell]9-11 +5 Fire[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Speed[/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Trait/Effect[/cell][cell]Holy III - Adds 1 point of damage per rank to undead[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Description[/cell][cell]The mighty mace of our lord Arbeno himself, A boon to the fight against the undead![/cell][/row]

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Armor [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ethan185
[cell] Crown Of Thelume [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Intelligence + 4[/cell][cell]Health + 20[/cell][cell]Armor +1[/cell][cell]Mana +60[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait [/cell][cell]Magical Sight[/cell][cell]100% Detectiong of secrets and doors[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Class Restriction [/cell][cell]Mage Only[/cell][/row]

Sharkyinthe UK
[cell] Blessed Plate Mail [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +3[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Helm [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Legs [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor+3[/cell][cell]Health +5[/cell][cell]Mana+4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Boots [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Holy armor worn by the most trusted and powerful paladins of The Three[/cell][cell] Restrictions [/cell][cell]Strength of 2 Required Cleric Only[/cell][/row]

Unknown

Threeforce
Class: Cleric
light 2handed mace
Damage: 1-1
Speed: 11
Crit: 11%
"Only those blessed by the Three are capable of unleashing this weapons hidden power."

--------------------------
Simple idea, 2handed and light means you gain +2 damage per Strength and +1 per Agility. While extremely unimpressive in the hands of a Novice this weapon can become very strong in the hands of dedicated melee clerics who are willing to forsake their shield to gain some extra oomph ;)

ClockworkGhost

Flaming Oil
Stackable potion
1 point of fire damage, small area effect weapon

Perfect way to finish off a troll, assuming that the area effect can be made to do damage to the troll whilst it's regenerating from being killed by a non fire based weapon.

ClockworkGhost

Unknown":9ck3i1l4 said:
Threeforce
light 2handed mace
Damage: 1-1
Speed: 11
Crit: 11%
"Only those blessed by the Three are capable of unleashing this weapons hidden power."

--------------------------
Simple idea, 2handed and light means you gain +2 damage per Strength and +1 per Agility. While extremely unimpressive in the hands of a Novice this weapon can become very strong in the hands of dedicated melee clerics who are willing to forsake their shield to gain some extra oomph ;)

I'd increase the speed to 18 and make it the cleric equivalent of the Jesters Bow. I'd make it completely cleric only, as this in the hands of a warrior would be a game changer, especially with a crit chance of 11%

Dimidium

Platemail of Divinity

Type: Platemail
Armor: 3
Effects:

+20 Health and +3 ( maybe 2...) mana per level

Description:

Thsi armor literally glows with power from the Three.

Very late game item...very hard to get. Possibly only as a 'God' quest reward.

Unknown

Prismatic Blade

Type: Dagger
Classes: all
Speed: 12
Crit: 6%
Damage: 0-0
Adds 1Fire Damage per Strength, 1 Toxic Damage per Endurance, 1 Cold Damage per Agility, 1 Shock Damage per Intellect, 1 Death Damage per Awareness and 1 Spirit Damage per Personality.

"This fabled weapon draws power from its wielders prowess and knowledge."

----------------

A cool allround weapon, the damage shouldn't become too crazy as many monsters have certain resistances or even get healed by certain elements, but it gives some perks to those who aim to be allround skilled rather than purely AGI or STR based.
To avoid screenspamm the numbers should probably be somehow merged.
For speed and crit I'd chose subpar dagger stats as it would become to powerfull for your standard AGI builds otherwise. Could probably make it even 0% crit but i felt there should at least be some vanity in going for massive crits even with this weapon.
At level 16 with tomes you could end up with 4 points in every perk resulting in 24 elemental damage without resistances + 6physical damage from agi and str which most likely would sum up to about 20 damage after resistances+ armor per hit.
Considering Elemental damage can't be scaled higher with critical strikes i think that it would be just fine balance-wise, maybe even too weak but fun nontheless.

Lots of mechanics for 1 single weapon but one can dream :)

RPGuru#32

Not sure what is in the works for mages also would work for clerics.

Rings of protection (ac)
Shrines to recharge mana once per game day.
Possible sacrifice of undead parts (proper burial) for either exp or mana reward.
2h staves with ac benefit

An item that can be used ro trigger traps perhaps taking up multiple slots in inventory. Or maybe a spell that detects and disarms at higher level.
Slings for clerics.
Possible item such as holy water or oil to throw at undead (splash damage)

Cyla2009

How about tempering weapons or upgrading armor as a reward for a quest :?: :idea:... even if armor/ weapon is already magical and an enchantment quest for mages

RPGuru#32

Seems we have a lot of special qualities on weapons, elemental, holy, vicious, orc slaying...
I was thinking it would be cook to have a cold iron category that does higher damage to otherworldly monsters such as imps demons devils hags nightmares possibly witches and some undead. It has been an rpg staple for eons.

Also

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
RPGuru#32":1b016o4m said:
Seems we have a lot of special qualities on weapons, elemental, holy, vicious, orc slaying...
I was thinking it would be cook to have a cold iron category that does higher damage to otherworldly monsters such as imps demons devils hags nightmares possibly witches and some undead. It has been an rpg staple for eons.

Also

Silver for shapechangers and demons...
Cold Iron for Fae... and there are currently no fae in the game... Although if elves or other fae creatures were to be part of it that would be pretty cool.

HumanSplendour

Slave Hunter
Mercia 2h Greatsword, humankind additional damage level 2, 3 per level (or level 3 with 2 dmg per level) increases stun chance by 5% (would rather see impurity bonus, which deals additional damage to humankind from lower classes, like peasants, Vanarri, outlaws and bandits, but that would be harder to implant)

Dmg 6-20
Speed 10
Critical 2%

(Didn't pay much attention to stats. The important part is tthe increased stun chance, lowered critical and buffed speed. I would really like the strenght requirement, lets say 5 or 6, so Griss wouldn't abuse it early on.

Granted for completing all slave hunts in mercia (THQ) last one could proc some minor quest, for instance a duel with high level leginoare who also wants to obtain this honourable sword. It once belonged to the greatest Mercia Slave and Bounty hunter, who is believed to enslaved more than 500 people by himself.

It could be also mentioned that one side of the blade was blunt, in order to stun the opponet, rather than kill it, so it could be captured and enslaved.

Doing the THQ will greatly spoil relation with other kingdoms, so the reward for it must be precious, otherwise, it is more of collection purposes.

Thanks.

Edit: to think about, investing in 2h mastery level 3 finally would have a point. At least for me, as I skipped it. 5 stun chance more is not worth 3sp IMO.

Edit 2: since the new update I really like how items are rewarded for doing THQ in Mercia and (forgot the name of that magelike kingdom). Mercia provides parts of armour and ??? Potions.
So how about Varsillia THQ which gives altered version of hardened leather parts of armour, that proviedes minor resitance bonuses to everything. Let's say +3 on each part of armour. Adventurer starter pack, with general and universal protection. But not sufficient enough for late or mid game. Whole set could be obtained this way. Just and idea to cosnider.