Exiled Kingdoms
http://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/

What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?
http://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9705
Page 3 of 7

Author:  Grim Reaper [ Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

still playing poe.. 3.0 just lunched... prolly biggets update happened in poe ever...

Author:  lightwarrior [ Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

i play all kairosoft titles like beasty bay and high sea saga and all other titles

Author:  Denzera [ Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

Spyder7723 wrote:
Right before starting this game last week i had spent the previous few playing the gurk series. Great little games that felt like the games i played 25 years ago. Reminded me a lot of the original ultima.


I was just coming here to post about Gurk. I friggen love those games. They're turn-based, but from a very small set of rules and mechanics, you get an enormous amount of depth and creativity in fighting your way through the game.

If you do play it, I should mention that I'm the huge fanboy who wrote the one FAQ on Gurk 3. Figured by the 4th time I'd played through the damn thing, I almost owed it to the developers.

I've tried a few others, most of them are really disappointing in-game-purchase bait hooks. I don't mind paying upfront, or a one-time "try before you buy" purchase (like EK!), but I just feel the in-game-purchase ones create a situation where my interests and the developers' interests aren't aligned - I want a great game experience, and they want me to BUYBUYBUY.

As for other RPGs, Andor's Quest is excellent, but the author never finished it. It's open-source, so the community is rallying to try and help out, but without that driving force it's not quite the same.

Author:  DavidBVal [ Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

Denzera wrote:
Spyder7723 wrote:
Right before starting this game last week i had spent the previous few playing the gurk series. Great little games that felt like the games i played 25 years ago. Reminded me a lot of the original ultima.


I was just coming here to post about Gurk. I friggen love those games. They're turn-based, but from a very small set of rules and mechanics, you get an enormous amount of depth and creativity in fighting your way through the game.

If you do play it, I should mention that I'm the huge fanboy who wrote the one FAQ on Gurk 3. Figured by the 4th time I'd played through the damn thing, I almost owed it to the developers.

I've tried a few others, most of them are really disappointing in-game-purchase bait hooks. I don't mind paying upfront, or a one-time "try before you buy" purchase (like EK!), but I just feel the in-game-purchase ones create a situation where my interests and the developers' interests aren't aligned - I want a great game experience, and they want me to BUYBUYBUY.

As for other RPGs, Andor's Quest is excellent, but the author never finished it. It's open-source, so the community is rallying to try and help out, but without that driving force it's not quite the same.


That FAQ looks good but not reading it yet because I love to jump blind into games and only played the first gurk. I will play the other two after I finish 1.0. :mrgreen:

I only play turn-based RPGs myself. I know, weird that EK is real time in that case... The reason is it was going to be a multiplayer RPG in the beginning, and later on it felt more fluent to stay real time for a mobile game like this.

Author:  Denzera [ Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

DavidBVal wrote:
That FAQ looks good but not reading it yet because I love to jump blind into games and only played the first gurk. I will play the other two after I finish 1.0. :mrgreen:

I only play turn-based RPGs myself. I know, weird that EK is real time in that case... The reason is it was going to be a multiplayer RPG in the beginning, and later on it felt more fluent to stay real time for a mobile game like this.


The problem that usually crops up with turn-based RPGs is that it's really hard to make the fight system stimulating. You have to really nail your battle mechanics, as being varied while also not overwhelming with choice. SquareSoft, of course, are legends at this. Gurk's genius is to have a fighting field, in which you have a variety of actions possible, but it's still turn-based - it ends up with an FF Tactics type aesthetic. And 8-bit graphics :)

Gurk 1 and 2 were more proofs-of-concept by the devs, they can each be finished in an afternoon and don't really need a guide. Gurk 3 is their 'real' game, with a ton of content built in. Someone like you shouldn't need my guide unless you're having real trouble, but there's certainly a lot to cover and a lot of tactics and behaviors you learn over the course of time.

Author:  DavidBVal [ Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

Denzera wrote:
DavidBVal wrote:
That FAQ looks good but not reading it yet because I love to jump blind into games and only played the first gurk. I will play the other two after I finish 1.0. :mrgreen:

I only play turn-based RPGs myself. I know, weird that EK is real time in that case... The reason is it was going to be a multiplayer RPG in the beginning, and later on it felt more fluent to stay real time for a mobile game like this.


The problem that usually crops up with turn-based RPGs is that it's really hard to make the fight system stimulating. You have to really nail your battle mechanics, as being varied while also not overwhelming with choice. SquareSoft, of course, are legends at this. Gurk's genius is to have a fighting field, in which you have a variety of actions possible, but it's still turn-based - it ends up with an FF Tactics type aesthetic. And 8-bit graphics :)

Gurk 1 and 2 were more proofs-of-concept by the devs, they can each be finished in an afternoon and don't really need a guide. Gurk 3 is their 'real' game, with a ton of content built in. Someone like you shouldn't need my guide unless you're having real trouble, but there's certainly a lot to cover and a lot of tactics and behaviors you learn over the course of time.


We might open a Gurk III thread soon then :)

Author:  Bans1x [ Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

OK ive played Exiled kingdoms curently i am playing exiled kingdoms ohh and also im playing exiled kingdoms ohh and forgot to mention exiled kingdoms (im addicted help me)

Author:  Spyder7723 [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

DavidBVal wrote:
Denzera wrote:
DavidBVal wrote:
That FAQ looks good but not reading it yet because I love to jump blind into games and only played the first gurk. I will play the other two after I finish 1.0. :mrgreen:

I only play turn-based RPGs myself. I know, weird that EK is real time in that case... The reason is it was going to be a multiplayer RPG in the beginning, and later on it felt more fluent to stay real time for a mobile game like this.




We might open a Gurk III thread soon then :)


If you enjoyed gurk you will enjoy gurk 3. Its basically the same gameplay. Just a different storyline. And much much longer.

GoG has the eye of the beholder series on sale this week. 3 great old school dnd games for 3 bucks. Wil be a great blast from the past for when i finish this game. Gonna have to order a bucket load of graph paper :)

Author:  Bliznit [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

IronJosh1988 wrote:
does anyone know of a online diablo clone? I've been. looking for one for ages. I don't like dungeon hunters because of the p2w I'd like something that is free or a 1 time purchase without a p2w system.


I played a Diablo emulator several years ago on my phone, I think it was a PSX emulator, but not 100% sure.

It was a ton of fun...until I got to the 11 or 12th level of dungeon and it crashed. ..I thought just maybe bad luck...so restarted game from scratch, got to that same point...Diablo showed up, big fireball was thrown, and game crashed again. I didn't try it a third time.

D2 was my goto PC game for several years. I love some of the similarities EK has to it.

P.S. Love to see some SET bonuses in future updates... :)

Author:  phaolo [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What rpg android games do you play besides exiled kingdoms?

Denzera wrote:
Gurk 1 and 2 were more proofs-of-concept by the devs, they can each be finished in an afternoon and don't really need a guide. Gurk 3 is their 'real' game

Cool, I'll try it :)

Btw I also loved Pixel Dungeon (Unleashed is roguelite).

Also Loggin Quest games, even if they're auto RPGs lol.

Page 3 of 7 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/