Tell me what is christmas really............

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
1: Santaclaus...with his sled with presents and some flying deers before it...

2: A christmas carol from charles dickens: Ebenezer scrooge.... and its 3 ghosts.

3: Story about jesus and the believe around this event... ( this continues till easter days ).

I believe there more versions and ofcourse its what ever you wanna believe but what i ask here is your personal opinion what christmas is all about. We will show respect to the ones that reply on this.

peace to you all and merry christmas.

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
To start with the first reply:

It's that time of year again. December has come and with it all the joys of Christmas. But what is the real meaning of Christmas? Is it the gifts under the tree, the lights in the windows, the cards in the mail, turkey dinners with family and friends, snow in the yard, stockings hanging in the living room, and shouts of "Merry Christmas" to those who pass us in the streets? Is this really Christmas?

For many people, Christmas is a time of sorrow. They don't have the extra money to buy presents for their children, family, and friends. Many are saddened at Christmastime when they think of their loved ones who will not be able to come home for various reasons. Turkey dinners may be only a wish and not a reality for some.

So i think personal that non of the 3 are correct but ebenezer scrooge comes close to my point since christmas is all about love and sharing for that 1 or 2 days in the year to give the weak a better moment for there lives and that the riches are sharing there greed to the poor.

Merry christmas to you all

Elldar

Well, the way it is here, it seems that for the most part Christmas is booze, tables full of food, partying, usually a guaranteed argument that may escalate into a fight. In my family it's a bit less extreme, but more or less of the same.

I like Christmas as a holiday, but typically it's the time of year when some people get into a loud argument, so I usually just take a glass of wine and disappear into my cave.

life tiger

Where I live Christmas doesn't exist and it never snows here and my parents or any other human can be as mad and an ass as much as they want or would be at any other time of their life and I never ate a turkey but after eating a duck about 2 times in my life I feel like a turkey would be my most favorite food... back in the day when life was a happy land full of joy we placed a small toy Christmas tree on our TV (wow that's miserable now that I think about it) we also have normal days in school on Christmas and most of the times a test... the only way I can get a Christmas feeling is by playing a computer game which has a Christmas event... my life is poo

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
life tiger":1ng20dzn said:
Where I live Christmas doesn't exist and it never snows here and my parents or any other human can be as mad and an ass as much as they want or would be at any other time of their life and I never ate a turkey but after eating a duck about 2 times in my life I feel like a turkey would be my most favorite food... back in the day when life was a happy land full of joy we placed a small toy Christmas tree on our TV (wow that's miserable now that I think about it) we also have normal days in school on Christmas and most of the times a test... the only way I can get a Christmas feeling is by playing a computer game which has a Christmas event... my life is poo

Lol yes thats a way of living that i cant probely imagine how it is to have no christmas.

Merry christmas bro ill fire up a candle for you.

Ps. Just out of curiousity where the hell do you come from i mean i didnt know that there's a place where they accually hate christmas...... lnstead of thinking about it and think about to forgive our sins for a day..... i mean it can't hurt right... i know that santaclaus has a deadly brother krampus so its probely that one you embrace......

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Glass Cannon":15kuwhxh said:
Ps. Just out of curiousity where the hell do you come from i mean i didnt know that there's a place where they accually hate christmas.
There are many places like that...

life tiger

Everyone here is going to hate me for this but what the hell... I'm normaly hated any way just by knowing I exist... I live in a hell hole called Israel where you can cook eggs on the road in summer cuz it's so hot and I think Christmas is replaced by some 7 candles thing

Elldar

life tiger":35aci8po said:
Everyone here is going to hate me for this but what the hell... I'm normaly hated any way just by knowing I exist... I live in a hell hole called Israel where you can cook eggs on the road in summer cuz it's so hot and I think Christmas is replaced by some 7 candles thing
I really doubt that anyone here will hate on you because of the country in which you live, and if they do, they'll probably just keep it to themselves.