What's everyone do for a living!

Board Troll":1cy9ijyt said:
Shep":1cy9ijyt said:
I know there is alot of young people on here. But for the older people what do y'all do for a living

I drive a semi truck. This game is awesome. For passing the time sitting at a shipper or receiver

I'm a cryogenic engineering technician specializing in bulk delivery and FMCSA safety standards and regulations. In other words, a trucker. LOL
Love your profile man!

I work as a chef. I have done this for 4 years, I consider myself to be very skilled, I have worked 60hour weeks (sometimes more) and seen through the busiest services.
I despise it. I once loved it, when I was naive, but last year I was at 7 different jobs in 1 year, all of them treating me like shit. I have developed an intense hatred for people now. Of course this depends on the kitchen you work, and your colleagues. Sorry for the negativity.
Now I'm trying to do my own thing, I don't wanna give out too much information but I'm trying to go freelance in a totally different field.

DavidBVal":3jb0xhip said:
This is a good place to announce that I left my previous job to dedicate fully to video-game development. I was the co-founder of an e-commerce company, but now adventure awaits me. the unknown! ;)

those of you that have supported me by purchasing the game: thanks! not only I'll be able to finish EK in the next months, but all the ideas for future games in my head will now come true :)

Either that, or I'll go to live under New Garand's bridge :D
So Inspiring!

whitehawk

I work as a residential support worker with adults with autism, specializing in working with very aggressive people with autism. I have worked in this field since 2003 for the same organisation and the pay, though not the focus, is decent here in Australia when you work overnight and weekend shifts.

Great job - can be very draining sometimes and I've had some very near misses in the past but it is the communication / psychology side that really gets me. I have been asked a couple times if I want to move up into the supervisor / management side of things due to my experience and way of thinking but I enjoy being at the front as supervisors are tucked away safely in offices away from the clients - I prefer getting shit done AKA proactive instead of making up strategies that sound good on paper but in real life usually useless. The further up the food chain, the more disconnected and deluded your decisions IMO and the focus is $$$ more than people.

I love having a breakthrough working with someone who doesn't communicate in the usual way - verbal etc. I feel like I am making a positive contribution in supporting individual's achieving the best quality of life and try to find their passion and encourage their gift - music for example. Another good part is community access as I enjoy the national parks we have in OZ.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
whitehawk":2mtqa56a said:
I work as a residential support worker with adults with autism, specializing in working with very aggressive people with autism. I have worked in this field since 2003 for the same organisation and the pay, though not the focus, is pretty decent here in Australia.

Great job - can be very draining sometimes and I've had some very near misses in the past but it is the communication / psychology side that really gets me. I have been asked a couple times if I want to move up into the supervisor / management side of things but I enjoy being at the front as supervisors are tucked away safely in offices away from the clients - I prefer getting shit done AKA proactive instead of making up strategies that sound good on paper but in real life usually useless. The further up the food chain, the more disconnected and deluded your decisions IMO.

I love having a breakthrough working with someone who doesn't communicate in the usual way - verbal etc. I feel like I am making a positive contribution in supporting individual's achieving the best quality of life and try to find their passion and encourage their gift - music for example. Another good part is community access as I enjoy the national parks we have in OZ.

That's absolutely great. Getting the best out of others, and in particular from people that society tends to isolate. And indeed there's nothing like getting the job done yourself, agreed.