The most difficult RPG you ever played?

Ricthum

Return of the King on Game Boy Advanced, it was really hard to kill ringwraiths in hard diffucult.

feldon

Loreseeker
Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure. Limited lives, no save points, convoluted dungeons for its time. Not sure if it counts as a true RPG though.

Dark Souls, as mentioned, is brutal. Any of the Final Fantasy can be hard, if you try to unlock all secrets without guides.

Martinbelfast

All right let's see how old we all are.
The lords of Midnight..
Typing in go north or south and pick up sword etc.
The hrs taking the tape to load.zx 81 then on zx82 spectrum
Look it up you can get it free
Plus another game
The Hobbit
Lord of the rings
Took me two days just to get door open to leave the house.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I'm still fascinated what they did with ZX Spectrum. Even 48KB version (yes, kilobytes) used 6192 bytes for screen mapping. And music in later games was done by interrupting speaker as there was no special music chip, all was done by Z80.

That was very impressive coding.

RuMBot

legend of zelda2 was very hard. i was dating this girl and trying to beat it at her house (she owned it). broke up with me before i could finish. she probably dump me near the end of the game on purpose. i remember crying and crying and shes like "you find another girl" and i was all " but that save file, could i like, buy the nes from you?"

she declined.

ProtectorKnight

i thought Dragons Age was hard. I used to have to play with out sound, and the enemy would usually have me half dead and surrounded. That mixed with i only had about 6 hours a week to play games at that time, hard to get good. EK is challenging on normal, I'll be a minute before hard or hard core is tried. This game has become easier after finding my battle style & toon advancement. Still this game ain't no slump, it'll cut you too short to shit and too thin to fry, if you aren't thinking at all times.

Board Troll

ProtectorKnight":2c5sydx7 said:
i thought Dragons Age was hard. I used to have to play with out sound, and the enemy would usually have me half dead and surrounded. That mixed with i only had about 6 hours a week to play games at that time, hard to get good. EK is challenging on normal, I'll be a minute before hard or hard core is tried. This game has become easier after finding my battle style & toon advancement. Still this game ain't no slump, it'll cut you too short to shit and too thin to fry, if you aren't thinking at all times.

No smurf speek for hard for reed

Andre

For me the difficultest RPG I´ve played was tibia (tibia.com) not mainly due the hard gameplay, but i got adiccted to it for a few years and stopping it was like ....